Squeaking Or Rattling Noise From Ls430 Windows

2002LS430

I have a 2002 LS430. It drives beautifully, but there is a squeak or rattle coming from the windows or window frames when the windows are rolled up all the way. If you lower the windows a few millimeters (not enough to let water in), the noise stops. When the windows are rolled up all the way, the window frames actually lift up a little. I pressed on the window frames and rubber molding and the only noise is a rubber friction sound (which is different from the noise I am talking about here -- it is more like a plastic crakling sound). The noise seems to come more from front to back and up and down motion (rather than side to side movement). Does anyone have a solution for this? This is my fourth lexus and I have never noticed anything like this before. Thanks.

I have a 2002 LS430. It drives beautifully, but there is a squeak or rattle coming from the windows or window frames when the windows are rolled up all the way. If you lower the windows a few millimeters (not enough to let water in), the noise stops. When the windows are rolled up all the way, the window frames actually lift up a little. I pressed on the window frames and rubber molding and the only noise is a rubber friction sound (which is different from the noise I am talking about here -- it is more like a plastic crakling sound). The noise seems to come more from front to back and up and down motion (rather than side to side movement). Does anyone have a solution for this? This is my fourth lexus and I have never noticed anything like this before. Thanks.

My 2004 LS430 has had this squeak issue (I think) and I've fixed it by wiping the seals with WD40 or some other lube spray.

Might not be the same issue, but sort of 'sounds' like it.

Hi,

If after all you have tried without dismantling the door panel, then this may relate to a loose nut (or it fell off) behind the door panel. There was a thread about this long time ago. There is a web site (to do with stereo install) that shows how to dismantle the panel. I have the manual, removed the panel and found 2 nuts that fell off and caused the squeaks.

Good luck

VH

03 BMW X5 4.4 (10K)

99 ML320 (65K)

91 LS400 (167K)

92 Prelude 4WSi (65K)

91 Galant LS (165K)

I had this exact problem with my '03. The dealer tried several times to address the problem, before finally addressing it successfully. They replaced all of the rubber window seals (this is after I had lubed all of the seals with a silicone lubricant, which didn't work), however there was still noise. They ended up using some sort of lube on the seals, and that solved the problem.

If your car is under warranty, I'd make the dealer take care of it. Otherwise, find some sort of a lube that doesn't dry out or damage the rubber. Otherwise, you'll end up replacing those at some point.

Thanks to all of you for the advice. I will try to lube the seals first. I will probably lube them on the side that rubs against the door frame (insead of the side that faces the windows). do any of you have any advice on where to lube the seals? I could do the window side too, but I am not sure if the lubricant will smear the windows.

A proper rubber dressing won't smear the windows if you let it dry first. I'd use 303 Aerospace Protectant.

Thanks. I will try 303. On further thought (and given it won't smear the windows), it is probably more effective to apply it just to the seal on the side facing the windows. Do you think I need it on the side facing the door too?