Positive Review Of The Ls

this is perrrtttyy good. i dont like the dash without nav :whistles:

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/sedan...460/index1.html

Aaaack. That's a lot of rows of non-distinct buttons....almost worth it to get the nav to make them go away.....that and the ML system.

Car and Driver's recent full road test was also postive, not glowing, but good:.

http://www.caranddriver.com/roadtests/1160...exus-ls460.html

from car and driver :

"Those tires don’t help stopping distances, either; we measured a pitiful 209 feet from 70 mph, 30 feet longer than an LS430"

from autobild:

"Precise steering, high levels of grip, and powerful braking mean that the car can be pushed hard on the kind of Alpine roads that have contributed so much to the development of Europe's best cars. "

i guess car and driver really are biased away from lexus

also i posted the link for page 2, go back to page 1, lol

from car and driver :

"Those tires don’t help stopping distances, either; we measured a pitiful 209 feet from 70 mph, 30 feet longer than an LS430"

i guess car and driver really are biased away from lexus

Not really, their coverage of the LS430 when it launched was almost rapturous....maybe the guy just had a bad day?

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/3272/lexus-ls430.html

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/73...dans-page7.html

I agree it’s not very appealing without the navigation, especially considering the price of the vehicle.

The VAST majority of cars will be with nav, in fact I bet it will be very rare to see one without it.

they were smart to not have nav standard. Remeber this is a rich old folks car. Most of them want simle buttons. Not all this touch screen stuff. At least they have a choice. BMW on the other hand was stupid. Incorprate everything into iDrive even if there's no nav! Idiotic. I'm talking bout the 5-series.

they were smart to not have nav standard. Remeber this is a rich old folks car. Most of them want simle buttons. Not all this touch screen stuff. At least they have a choice. BMW on the other hand was stupid. Incorprate everything into iDrive even if there's no nav! Idiotic. I'm talking bout the 5-series.

isnt the touch screen standard on all GS models for 2006-07 whether u get nav or not?

The 7 series is even worse, my dad's friend got rid of the car after 9 months because it was so terrible. Even the non-idrive equipped X3 with Nav is a pain, you still have to turn some little nob to set the nav destinations.

I haven't tried the new Comand system on the Mercedes but the old one had soooo many buttons that were sooo small. It's a real road hazard...I wonder how many people have crashed their cars trying to change stations on the stereo.

I think Lexus proves that you can have a fully featured car without needing a degree in electrical engineering to operate it; its one of the things I really like about my LS. I would think that for the more *ahem* advanced drivers out there the large icons on the screen would be easier to read than row upon row of tiny buttons...also you would get the voice command, but people have their preferences.

they were smart to not have nav standard. Remeber this is a rich old folks car. Most of them want simle buttons. Not all this touch screen stuff.

Cars are not a matter of age but instead money. I am only 29 and buying the LS460.

Totally disagree. Plenty of 29 year olds have the money to buy LS460s, very few do. You and I are definately strange when it comes to tastes in our age groups.

My LS460 is ordered and should be in next week. I am 54 which I guess puts me in the rich AND old sector. I take exception that most of us want simple buttons to push. :o

There is nothing more easy than touch screen controls. I use them on my fishiong vessel and airplane navigation everyday. As long as I don't drool too much, it all works fine! :angry:

At 54 you're not what I consider "old" by any stretch of the imagination ;)

I think you hit the nail on the head though, TOUCHSCREEN controls. One of the issues with BMW and MB interfaces is the're joystick based, not touchscreen based.

Well, I'm 66, and while I would like the touchscreen controls, but after having used a portable Garmin, I will never again buy an embedded GPS/Nav system.

The Garmin database and guidance system is head and shoulders above the 5.1 version in my 2001 RX300. and my right seat passenger can "reprogram' it at will, moving or no.

Additionally it stuck me that the surround for the LS460 LCD screen was a bit too bright, almost chromish. And I can't help thinking "wouldn't it be nice if they built an LS460(299?) using the powerful V6 with FE DFI from the GS series". My 1992 LS400 only has 248 HP and that seems more than adequate.

But then I get to drive a 2001 Porsche C4 if/whenever I need an injection of "the thrill of it all".

heck i wouldnt buy a nav for anything else than that it is the "hip" thing to have nowadays. sure i use it, but rarely...and it's just cool to have

there, thats my "young" inner child speaking, swoe3s.

also for the most part, cars with the navigation layout look better IMHO

Well, I'm 66, and while I would like the touchscreen controls, but after having used a portable Garmin, I will never again buy an embedded GPS/Nav system.

Thats going to become harder, and harder to do.

Personally, I would never buy another car without nav. I use it constantly and with the NavTraffic in the LS its even more useful. I know some portable units have more functionality, but they're so ugly mounted in the car.