Check Engine & Vsc Lights

hey guys i need your help please, i was driving my (1998 gs400) making about 40mph when my car shut off, but the strange thing is the rpm gauge was still at about 10,000 i restarted the car but my check engine & both vsc lights came on, my brakes works fine & i even burn rubber to check the vsc, that works fine also, when i got home i disconnected the battery until morning, reconnected the battery & now everything seems fine, can anyone tell me what the problem is or if will happen again. thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys i need your help please, i was driving my (1998 gs400) making about 40mph when my car shut off, but the strange thing is the rpm gauge was still at about 10,000 i restarted the car but my check engine & both vsc lights came on, my brakes works fine & i even burn rubber to check the vsc, that works fine also, when i got home i disconnected the battery until morning, reconnected the battery & now everything seems fine, can anyone tell me what the problem is or if will happen again. thanks in advance

you shouldn't just reset the ecu by pulling the battery.. use a OBD 2 reader.. hopefully there is an autozone around your house.. they let you use the reader for free.. all it is is a small hand held computer that you plug into the OBD2 connecter located under the steering wheel.. no one can tell you what the problem is unless you find out what code(s) are being thrown out by the ecu... by the way, the VSC light will always light up when your check engine light goes off.. by the sound of you problem, my guess would be a faulty/dirty air mass sensor...

• 2 weeks later...