Thinking About Buying Ls430 From Auction

dboy430

Hi guys Im new to this site and I want to know you guys honest opinion on buying from auction. My old college buddy has a independent dealers liscence. He lives in Fort Myers Fla. He tells me all the deals he gets for other people. He also says that dark colored cars sell for less. For a LS430 with near 100,000 miles I could get for less than 10 grand. I do not need any payments and I am willing to take a chance without payments but I dont want to get burned either. I went to a public auction sat. and saw a 2002 Yukon Denali 1500 with 100000 go for 10,100 (the bluebook private party was 18,500). I think its possible. Any advice would be apreciated

That sounds a little fishy to me. That's way under market value for a 430. Make sure you check the title, i.e., get a CarFax report. For something that low, I'd suspect a salvaged title. But then again, I'm conservative when it comes to stuff like this... :rolleyes:

Thats a ludacris price on an LS430. Unless its a last minute repo or somthin i seriously doubt he can get a clean never wrecked ls430 for less than 20k. If he can, sign me up. I need to find my mom some nice wheels! Even if it was wrecked it'd be worth 10k. I say go for it if he's legit.

has any one on this site bought a lex from an auction or any other auction experience
I haven't, but I saw that some guy on Club Lexus bought a '98 LS with air, nav, chrome, 90k miles, and exc shape for $6,400 (and that includes taxes and tags) a few weeks ago. That car is well worth probably 2x the price he paid, so $10k-$12k for a 430 with 100k+ miles sounds about right considering that this guy got about 50% off his '98.

'98 LS with air, nav, chrome, 90k miles, and exc shape for $6,400

WOW..... :blink:

Do you remember where he purchased it from?

It was at an auction, in Colorado I think. He said it was a bank repo; the car was just beautiful! ;)

his friend works at the bank that held the note on the car, he probably got to buy it for the remaining balance on the loan.

'98 LS with air, nav, chrome, 90k miles, and exc shape for $6,400

WOW..... :blink:

Do you remember where he purchased it from?