Steering Column

sweetls

I thought I would try this thread one more time before I do something else. My steering column on my '92 no longer moves in and out. I do not have the tilt up and down problem. The column moves perfectly up and down. This is a extension, retraction issue.

Surely there is someone here who has dealt with this before and fixed it. I would even be game to some how power the motor to get it extended then pull the plug on the whole thing so it stays where I set it. Some one must know where there is a switch, control box, a separate fuse, relay, etc.........to trouble shoot this. Again this is just for the extension/retraction function. Any help is greatly appreciated. :cries:

• 2 months later...

I thought I would try this thread one more time before I do something else. My steering column on my '92 no longer moves in and out. I do not have the tilt up and down problem. The column moves perfectly up and down. This is a extension, retraction issue.

Surely there is someone here who has dealt with this before and fixed it. I would even be game to some how power the motor to get it extended then pull the plug on the whole thing so it stays where I set it. Some one must know where there is a switch, control box, a separate fuse, relay, etc.........to trouble shoot this. Again this is just for the extension/retraction function. Any help is greatly appreciated.:cries:

Sorry to see there are no replies to your query! I'm having the identical problem with my 1999 LS400. Had the same idea about pulling the steering wheel out manually and then pulling the fuse. Could not budge the steering wheel. Checked the under hood fuse box and could not find a specific fuse for the Steering Column. Haven't checked the fuse box in the drivers compartment. I'll keep checking this site.