My 93es 300 Is Overhating

Andytanes

My car has been running great for the past six months but today I overheated. I changed the radiator and cap flushed out all the fluid and I thought I was ready to enjoy the next six months but my baby started to overheat again. I switch out a old busted up hose to the fan and now my car wont overheat while I drive but my baby will when I am idling what do I do to cure this?????????? I do not want to push her to far casue I love my 200,000 mile chariot. Will some please tell me this can be solve with a flip of a wrench.

Bridge OP1 & E1 in the diagnostics port & make sure the fan spins to high.

Replace the thermostat & the other pressure cap. Make sure the radiator is not clogged.

Replace the water pump.

Do not continue to drive the car while it is overheating, or that head will warp & blow the gasket. Then at most afew hundred buscks is going easily turn into half the car's retail value in repairs.

My 94 ES had an overheating problem when idling back in July. After replacing numerous parts, my repair folks finally traced the problem to the solenoid which controls the speed of the cooling fan. This solenoid is located on the power steering pump.

Check out the thread I started on July 20. See http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=30943.

My car has been running great for the past six months but today I overheated. I changed the radiator and cap flushed out all the fluid and I thought I was ready to enjoy the next six months but my baby started to overheat again. I switch out a old busted up hose to the fan and now my car wont overheat while I drive but my baby will when I am idling what do I do to cure this?????????? I do not want to push her to far casue I love my 200,000 mile chariot. Will some please tell me this can be solve with a flip of a wrench.

First of all, what year is your ES?

Early model 92-93 equipped with hydraulic fan using power steering fluid and that fan hardly goes bad, make sure all connectors at the power steering pump is good, there is one ground connector that affect the fan operations.

If your ES is between 92-93, the 3VZ engine is known to have head gasket issue... pay attention to your coolant level and motor oil condition. If head gasket is blown, coolant level will be always low and you need to fill up constantly and engine oil will become milky. Good luck.