Differential Mount

Hi, my 1997 SC300 always jerks when I go from Park-Reverse-Drive. I changed the transmission mount and got all new rotors and brake pads, and it still jerks. The entire car kind of leaps forward when I engage from P-D and leaps backward when I go from P-R. :huh:

Now, this is my first car that is RWD, I am used to front drive cars and I don't know if this is normal or what? Can the differential mount be the cause of this happening? If so, should I replace the whole mount or just the bushings? Thanks. And if it helps the car has 100K+ miles on it and I always do fluid changes, although I never changed out the diff. fluid but it is on my to-do list. Thanks in advance! :)

No one has anything to say at all? i forgot to also mention that i hear a squeeking sound when i shift P-R and P-D and is most noticible when the car is cold. This is really irritating sometimes and I'm sure the lexus didnt make this sound when it was new so I know something is going on.... cmon guys, anything at all?

This happened on a vehicle of mine once, and it was the neutral safety switch. Could be something like this since the car does have an electronically controlled transmission (ect) or it could also be worn drive shaft bushings. If there is slack in the bushings, the transmission may gain momentum before the slack is taken up then feel like it's jerking into gear whenever the slack it gone.

If the transmission and motor mounts are not the culprit...It almost sounds like your tranny line pressure is maybe set too high, or worn driveshaft joints.....Does it clunk when shifting from P to D? What do you mean exactly by lunging forward...Is your idle too high when cold where it engages and jerks....Hard to determine your problem without more information....