Weird Nakamichi Radio Problem

Sandman

Yesterday I was driving my car and the radio at first worked fine. I park it, get back in later, then the radio starts to play like two words then the sound just cuts in and out, in a rhythmic one second on, one second off pattern. Also, I started it up later and the radio at first had no sound at all then started that same rythmic pattern. Weird.

Any ideas what's wrong? Things to check?

Thanks

Yesterday I was driving my car and the radio at first worked fine. I park it, get back in later, then the radio starts to play like two words then the sound just cuts in and out, in a rhythmic one second on, one second off pattern. Also, I started it up later and the radio at first had no sound at all then started that same rythmic pattern. Weird.

Any ideas what's wrong? Things to check?

Thanks

It is the amp. Very typical problem. ;)

i have no idea what a solution would be to your problem

but im selling my nakamichi 1996 amp either individually or as a whole system with all the stock speakers, head unit, sub, and cd changer

if ur interested in any of that we can work out a deal

it works perfectly and it would save you tons of money rather then having to order a 1000$ amp from lexus

let me know if you can't figure out a way to fix it

also i might add

if you put in a new aftermarket amp, then everything in your entire system will have to go

no stock sound parts will work with one aftermarket one, so its all aftermarket or all stock, my system alone cost me 1500$ and i have a 4 channel bridged to run all of it and my sub is crappy

just to install the system cost me 1000$ because there is no dash kit for head units for an sc400 so whoever does it for u will have to make one, and they will have to cut holes in the back if you want bigger normal size deck speakers in the back for a 2 door to get better sound, they will also have to take out ur middle sub and either put one 10" sub there or if you opt for a box in the back, they will have to cut out the wall there so it doesnt get distorted when playing to you in the front seat because your gas tank is in the way and will mess with the sound

just another angle for you to look at when trying to decide

-chase