Aux Input For 92-97 Sc300/400

I've been searching for quite some time for a way to hook up to the Factory Headunit, so i can use my ipod. I've searched and searched. Didn't find anything for 92-97 SC's. The only thing i found is the Tape adapter (which makes a hissing noise) or the FM mod (which doesn't sound very good). So i did some testing, and now i have a hardwired input. It's Crisp and clear!

I have a 97 SC400 with the Nakamichi with CD changer. Should work for other years with the same setup. Just wanted to let you guys know it's possible. Should i do a write up?

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

I've been searching for quite some time for a way to hook up to the Factory Headunit, so i can use my ipod. I've searched and searched. Didn't find anything for 92-97 SC's. The only thing i found is the Tape adapter (which makes a hissing noise) or the FM mod (which doesn't sound very good). So i did some testing, and now i have a hardwired input. It's Crisp and clear!

I have a 97 SC400 with the Nakamichi with CD changer. Should work for other years with the same setup. Just wanted to let you guys know it's possible. Should i do a write up?

Mike

Can you please post details on how to do this or email me at tejphatak@gmail.com? I have a 1994 sc400 with a Pioneer stereo with CD changer. I've been trying to figure out a way to hook up my ipod. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

did you hijack the signal wires going from the cd changer to the headunit? i'm also guessing you are using the headphone jack on your ipod instead of the pre-amp signal outs from the ipod dock connector...wait till everybody sees the ipod integrator i'm working on, no splicing of factory wires, will amplify pure signal from dock connector's line out to same level as changer signal, and charges ipod while connected.

Mike

Hi,

Could you post how to do this and/or email me at greg_gerst@yahoo.com? I have a 2000 GS400 with Nakamichi stereo. I've searched high and low, but still haven't found a solution to integrate my iPod with the Nakamichi.

thanks,

Greg

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I would be very interested in finding out what you have done as I don't wish to have a cassette stuck in the player, not do I wish to compromise sound quality as so many have mentioned with the FM transmitter.

If you would be so kind to tell me what you did I would appreicate it. I was considering tapping the cassette head leads and adding an external AUX jack, but thought I'd inquire first of your technique.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
I would be very interested in finding out what you have done as I don't wish to have a cassette stuck in the player, not do I wish to compromise sound quality as so many have mentioned with the FM transmitter.

If you would be so kind to tell me what you did I would appreicate it. I was considering tapping the cassette head leads and adding an external AUX jack, but thought I'd inquire first of your technique.

Thanks

I, too, would like to know which 2 wires on the cd changer input are the line level left and right. What color wires? Anyone know?