Wat Does U Hate About Your Es ?

MCV20

i havent seen anything in the glove box, but ill go look in a second.

as for the LAME ski hole thing, i think i just have that LAME box cover in the back (looks like an amp covered :wacko: )

i am SOOOO gonna lock my trunk if i can....bleeps keep breaking into cars int he neighborhood and i dont want my car being a victim.... *sniff*

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I have a 94 and a 99 --

94 - only 2 minor complaints with that one was the Cupholders pop out from under the radio/heater and makes it hard to work radio/heater when cup in place.

The 94 trunk lid open above the brake/taillights, not a huge opening. This was fixed completely in time for my 99.

Also, the cupholder was moved to the center console in the 99, at first I was thrilled... then realized it was still kinda cheapy and broke easily. Definitely a better spot though! I would much rather have an actual opening in the center shifter area, preferably with a cover... same smooth look but more functional.

Still for these MINOR things, I wouldnt trade to another brand!

i love my hand ebrake. great for skidding around corners in a race. i wish i had a Trac Controlon/off . and i HATE NOT HAVING A CD CHANGER

u dont have a Trac control off bottom..?? wat year do u have? i think the TRAC/off buttom is located on the bottom of your steering wheel....

yea.. mine doesnt have a CD changer either.... only TAPE player...

i m wondering do the 02+ ES came with a TAPE player..?? :unsure:

I have an 06 ES330 Loaner car right now.. has tape player and 6cd in-dash.

98 ES300

- Cupholders...

- Alarm going off after opening the trunk using the TRUNK button on remote..When I press the button, the boot unlocks, and I hear the single "beep", but when I actually _open_ the trunk door with my hand, the car panics out. (WTF?)

- Low ride height...

• 2 years later...

2005 ES330: Hate the locking of the doors when the trunk is opened for an extended time. Also don't like the "lights on forever" mode when the trunk or doors are open. Many a drained battery on that one because I leave my lights on when I drive and don't turn them off when I stop and park.

So I did a little survey of this thread. The most common thing mentioned in this thread that ppl hate about their car is: the cup holders.

I've read about that same complaint in other forums as well, and not necessarily Lexus forums. It seems that a badly positioned, poorly designed, or the lack of enough cup holders can be a real deal breaker when it comes to buying a car these days.

Remember back in the day when there was no such thing as "cup holders" in ANY vehicle? I do.

Back then, your "cup holder" was the space between your legs! :rolleyes:

I LOVE the cup holders in my ES. Admittedly, I hardly ever use them, but when I need one, there it is! :cheers:

The only thing I don't particularly like about my ES is its profile from a distance of 20 feet or more. I like the way it looks from the back, from the front, from above, from the left or right front quarter panel view, and from the left or right rear quarter panel view. It's just straight on from the side from a distance that it looks a little odd to me. I don't know why it looks odd. I can't explain it. I just does. So, for that reason I try to never approach the car from the side. And if I have to, I close my eyes and grope my way blindly until I get right up to it. Then it's all good! :D

• 2 weeks later...

96 es300:

1. The location of the oil filter. Even when the Lexus dealer changes the oil, I find that oil drips on my garage floor. First time that happened I thought there was something seriously wrong and brought the car back for inspection.

2. Wind noise around the door windows.

3. Dealer's service area trying to sell me all sorts of expensive maintenance.

2005 ES330: Hate the locking of the doors when the trunk is opened for an extended time. Also don't like the "lights on forever" mode when the trunk or doors are open. Many a drained battery on that one because I leave my lights on when I drive and don't turn them off when I stop and park.

I can fix your issues.

The doors don't lock when the trunk is open for long periods of time, at least mine doesn't. The doors will lock if you unlock the doors and then open the trunk without opening a door. It relocks the doors after 30 seconds if you unlock them and don't open a door.

As for the lights, the lights will go out once all the doors are closed. The only way you could be loosing your battery is if you are leaving doors or the trunk open say overnight.

I leave my lights on when I drive too, I've never had a dead battery or the lights stay on when I didn't want them to in 6 years...

• 4 years later...
  • 2 months later...

foreign cars are much smaller then american cars... this car is not meant for big people as your rear struts will go out soon and in the front big people cant turn far with out hitting something, unlike the cadalac and lincoln

• 5 months later...

transmission programing! had the update and third gear hesitates in the shift or double shifts then lunges. you just have to be careful when you hit 40ish cause if you ease up off the gas before it shifts it double shifts

05 ES 330-The 1st of the fourth(present) generation, Dangerous dead spot in both side mirrors ,Overhead front lights are behind sun visor, Third gear to second gear a wild carnival ride at times,Trunk lighting in need of companion,The high trunk deck warrants a rear view camera or beeper,Cup holder wont open its jaws wide enough for a mason jar, 0 to 60 as smoothe and fast as any geared 6 cylinder, then the power band warps it to 80 or 90, still smoothe as silk, around 105 to 110 it likes to cruise, and that's its groove, Its great in town also,agressive yet reserved, the stock suspension is right on, especially with the right tires. Best bang for your bucks even back then. my ES has spoiled me, and about all the above biches have been fixed on newer models.

I can fix your issues.

The doors don't lock when the trunk is open for long periods of time, at least mine doesn't. The doors will lock if you unlock the doors and then open the trunk without opening a door. It relocks the doors after 30 seconds if you unlock them and don't open a door.

As for the lights, the lights will go out once all the doors are closed. The only way you could be loosing your battery is if you are leaving doors or the trunk open say overnight.

I leave my lights on when I drive too, I've never had a dead battery or the lights stay on when I didn't want them to in 6 years...