'02 Es 300 Bluetooth Handsfree Cellular Accessory

DamonGT

I'm looking for a handsfree celluler accessory option so that when I get into my car I can mount the phone onto a cradle and handle calls through the factory stereo system. (I don't have the navigation option). Is this possible? If so, what options do I have?

Best,

Damon

I'm looking for a handsfree celluler accessory option so that when I get into my car I can mount the phone onto a cradle and handle calls through the factory stereo system. (I don't have the navigation option). Is this possible? If so, what options do I have?

Best,

Damon

I have seen some handsfree hookups that utilize an FM Modulator to transmit the audio through the car stereo. I cannot vouch for the quality.

steviej

There are several options here.

First, if you're looking for something that will hold the phone in a cradle you're not looking for a Bluetooth product. Bluetooth provides a handsfree connection to a Bluetooth enabled phone without needing to use a cradle or remove the phone from your pocket. It syncs automatically when you activate it. Having a bluetooth connection and using a cradle doesn't make any sense.

The cradle type systems out there are getting fewer and farther between and their availiability depends greatly on what type of phone you have. There are several hard installed bluetooth kits out there nowadays though and they'll work with ANY Bluetooth phone.

Here's one:

http://www.motorola.com/automotive/solution_blnc.html