Chroming The 400h Rims?

Hello,

I have an '05 RX 330 ... had the dealers do the chrome exchange deal on the 18"s for about $1000. Has anyone had their 400h rims chromed or does Lexus offer this exchange program for the Hybrid as well? If anyone has a picture of them chromed, I'd love to see them. I've been thinking of trading up for a 400h.

Thanks!

Hello,

I have an '05 RX 330 ... had the dealers do the chrome exchange deal on the 18"s for about $1000. Has anyone had their 400h rims chromed or does Lexus offer this exchange program for the Hybrid as well? If anyone has a picture of them chromed, I'd love to see them. I've been thinking of trading up for a 400h.

Thanks!

I'm sure that there are plenty of owners out there who HAD to take the chromed rims because early on some dealers refused to sell them with the factory rims. They wanted to make the virtually 100% profit on the $1000 to $2000 "upgrade". If any of them are looking to pass that cost onto you so that they can have a stock 400h then perhaps there is deal in the works... the logistics could get messy ;)

I was firm with my dealer and made it clear that I would not buy from him if they demanded I take the chromed rims, so I got the factory grey anodize. I don't much like the look of the chrome, myself.