Please Help Engine Code

dfire9

Check engine light came on and it gave me code P1155 and P1153. I see what the code is so i replaced the air /fuel sensor bank 1 sensor 1 (near firewall) and reset the light. Now light came back on and it is giving me P1153 and P0125. Is this saying that the other air/fuel sensor needs to be changed or is it saying i need to replace coolant temp sensor. Someone please advise i want to get car fixed ASAP cannot stand driving with the light on.Also where is bank 2 sensor 1 is that the one right on top of the engine? It is a 1998 es300?

If you got codes P1153 & P1155 and you changed the Bank 1 Sensor 1 = you changed out the wrong A/F sensor.

Codes P1155 and P1153 indicate a faulty A/F sensor at Bank 2 Sensor 1. This is the sensor that can be seen when standing in front of the car with the hood up. It is between the manifold and the cat on the bank of cylinder up front. Move the air intake inlet from the grill and it will be in plain sight.

I can't explain code P0125 unless you hit a wire connected to the coolant sensor while you were changing out the sensor at B1S1.

steviej

If you got codes P1153 & P1155 and you changed the Bank 1 Sensor 1 = you changed out the wrong A/F sensor.

Codes P1155 and P1153 indicate a faulty A/F sensor at Bank 2 Sensor 1. This is the sensor that can be seen when standing in front of the car with the hood up. It is between the manifold and the cat on the bank of cylinder up front. Move the air intake inlet from the grill and it will be in plain sight.

I can't explain code P0125 unless you hit a wire connected to the coolant sensor while you were changing out the sensor at B1S1.

steviej

Ok on a previous post I saw this

P1153

Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Circuit Response Malfunction (Bank 2 Sensor 1)

P1155

Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

So i was thinking that the 1155 was the one near the firewall. And the P1153 was the one when you open the hood you can see it sticking out of the manifold. Is this not correct? So i replaced the one near firwall and cleaned the one right on top when you open hood.Just to make sure those are the only 2 in the front right or am i still not talking about the right one.Cause when you say move intake inlet for the sensor iam talking about i dont have to move anything i can see it as soon as i open the hood.And as far as the P0125 is there anything i cna do about that cause the ccolant temp is just right on side where you drain coolant from according to my tech book. Please let me know which one will take care of this i want to try to get part today and fix tonight. Thanksin advance. Lastly the autozone guy was saying coolant temp sensor was bad , but i dont think it is cause wouldnt that affect the temp gauge if it was not working?

Ok on a previous post I saw this

P1153

Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Circuit Response Malfunction (Bank 2 Sensor 1)

P1155

Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

Unfortunately, many people use the web site www.troublecodes.net/Lexus and post the code explanations from there here. For a long time, this site has indicated that P1155 was Bank 1 Sensor 1. So it is a common mistake. A while back, I notified that website of the misprint. They acknowledged that it is wrong and said misprints do happen as they post thousands of codes.

The Lexus Factory Service Manual is the gold standard. P1155 is Bank 2 Sensor 1.

So i was thinking that the 1155 was the one near the firewall. And the P1153 was the one when you open the hood you can see it sticking out of the manifold. Is this not correct? So i replaced the one near firwall and cleaned the one right on top when you open hood.Just to make sure those are the only 2 in the front right or am i still not talking about the right one.Cause when you say move intake inlet for the sensor iam talking about i dont have to move anything i can see it as soon as i open the hood.And as far as the P0125 is there anything i cna do about that cause the ccolant temp is just right on side where you drain coolant from according to my tech book. Please let me know which one will take care of this i want to try to get part today and fix tonight. Thanksin advance. Lastly the autozone guy was saying coolant temp sensor was bad , but i dont think it is cause wouldnt that affect the temp gauge if it was not working?

I say move the intake inlet because on my 02 ES, my arm would not fit under it to get at the connector for the wire. You may have better results without moving the inlet. Both codes P1153 AND P1155 refer to Bank 2 Sensor 1, which is the sensor up front near the radiator.

Maybe when you change out this A/F sensor, the P0125 will go away. It can happen.

steviej

Gotcha ok well one last question when going to the dealership to get parts they have been giving me an sensor that the connector does not look the same. Do the connectors vary? And is it safe to assume that if the connector is not right then it is not right sensor. What i mean is when i hold the connector in front of me there is part that snaps to hold in place on top, 2 prong line things on the left and 1 at the bottom. The part they show me has 2 on bottom an not one. So that makes me thnk they are not giving me right part.Again thanks for your help. So is there a post somewhere that has the correct posting of the codes for future?

Lastly which sensor is the one behind cat?

oxygen sensors and air fuel ratio sensors look identical except the connector is slightly different so they can't (although i've seen it done) be mixed up. when ordering parts make sure to give them the VIN number, but sometimes this isn't enough. make sure to check the identification tag under the hood to see if its a california spec vehicle or not.

Lastly which sensor is the one behind cat?

Sensor 2

Alright i replaced both and light has stayed off so far . Thanks to all people who replied I really appreciate all the advice. Steviej what si the book that you are saying we should always go by to get info like sensor location etc.

Alright i replaced both and light has stayed off so far . Thanks to all people who replied I really appreciate all the advice. Steviej what si the book that you are saying we should always go by to get info like sensor location etc.

The Lexus Factory Shop Manual.

steviej

Is there some where you can buy that?

Sometimes you'll see them advertised on eBay, or otherwise you can buy one from a Lexus parts dealer, but you'll generally find that they're more expensive at the dealers.