05 Ls430 Buzzing Fan In Center Console

carbuff

I have an intermittent buzz in the right hand heating/AC vent in the center console. This is the vent with the oscilating louvers. Only happens some of the time but is very annoying. It never seems to happen at the time I am getting service and the advisor claims he never heard of it.

Has anyone heard of this? Thanks

Look at the vents reall closely when it happens, it usually will when they are in high speed. You probably will see some plastic parts of the same vanes of the vent that are causing the problem, solution, buying a new center vent, or taking it off and cutting off the ones that are damaged, but make sure you see this, it happened to my 1998, but have to look closely since everything is black in there which it makes for difficult viewing. You could also go to a qualified AC place and have them check them for a lot less than Lexus.

C. PR

I have an intermittent buzz in the right hand heating/AC vent in the center console. This is the vent with the oscilating louvers. Only happens some of the time but is very annoying. It never seems to happen at the time I am getting service and the advisor claims he never heard of it.

Has anyone heard of this? Thanks

Do you only hear the noise when the vents are in their oscilating mode? When mine are in that mode I can hear a very (emphasize VERY) faint buzzing noise, which I assume is the gears or whatever drives the vents when they oscilate.

If you only hear it while the car is moving as opposed to stationary, then it may be some sort of rattle. I had a rattle in my center console, and ended up taking it apart myself and pinpointing it to the back of the CD changer, which was making contact with the surface behind it. I put some felt tape on to insulate, and that took care of the problem. Before that, I nor the dealer could ever figure out where it was coming from. It sounded almost like it was coming from the shifter area. Boy was I wrong!

If it is the vent(s), I'd make them replace them for you. It is a 2005, after all...

Good luck.

Do you only hear the noise when the vents are in their oscilating mode? When mine are in that mode I can hear a very (emphasize VERY) faint buzzing noise, which I assume is the gears or whatever drives the vents when they oscilate.

If you only hear it while the car is moving as opposed to stationary, then it may be some sort of rattle. I had a rattle in my center console, and ended up taking it apart myself and pinpointing it to the back of the CD changer, which was making contact with the surface behind it. I put some felt tape on to insulate, and that took care of the problem. Before that, I nor the dealer could ever figure out where it was coming from. It sounded almost like it was coming from the shifter area. Boy was I wrong!

If it is the vent(s), I'd make them replace them for you. It is a 2005, after all...

Good luck.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. The problem only occurs when the fan is oscilating. It is more than faint and only occurs some times. When it starts to buzz it continues until I turn the fan off. I will push for replacement.