Rx350 Price

I just purchased my RX350 for 40,716 AWD, navigation and all the bells and whistles...I negotiated the price on line with the dealer! Saved a lot of time and hassle and the sales people were not happy that I got that price...(or at least it seemed that way)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In South Florida, there is a lot of competition between Lexus dealers. We paid $1200 below invoice. The first dealer we visited offered us $1000 over invoice. My husband, who had just gotten an Acura below invoice, called Ft. Lauderdale, (one of the World's Largest dealers...so they say...), and told them he was ready to buy a car that day, if he could get it below invoice....they offered the $1200 below invoice, and we got the car that day. If you know exactly what the dealer paid (www.edmunds.com), you can intelligently deal. It's best if you have done your homework. I guess we are lucky to live in such an area rich in Lexus dealers and competition.

Just picked up an '08 RX350 FWD

Premium Plus Pkg

Navigation

18" Wheels

Heated Seats w/rain sensing wipers

Wheel locks

Cargo Mat

MSRP $44,146

Had a few dealers quoting between $37,700 and $38,000. Got it for $37,700 before tax+license.

Very nice vehicle.

:cheers:

That's great deal (at more than $1200 below invoice). Even your high end quote is still more than $900 below invoice. I have been emailing local dealers here in North Cal. and nothing gets close to that.

Can you share which dealer you purchased from? Did they offer the quote at first contact? Thanks.

I just purchased 2008 RX350 FWD with Navigation and Premium-Plus pkg. for $37,500 (before Tax+DMV) from Southern California.

I had extra options like towing prep, heated seat with rain-sensing wipers, and wheel locks. I wish I saw the earlier post who bought

the same car with the same option pkg. for $36,600... T.T

That's more than $1400 below invoice? Great Deal!

Which dealer did you purchase from? Sale's person's name?

I am in North Cal. and so far no dealer get close to this. What gives?

• 9 months later...
We have noticed that the pricing in Texas, Maryland, and Florida are by far at least 2K cheaper than anywhere else.

Potential buyers in the Fort Worth / Dallas area should go to http://www.carguyshow.com/, then e-mail Jerry Reynolds, the radio program host (WBAP 820), to say that you're interested in a Lexus. He will set you up with the dealer principal for Park Place Lexus (Grapevine or Plano). You will be treated as one of Jerry's friends throughout the whole transaction,and you will get a surprisingly good price without the usual salesperson hassle, and without the "finance guy's" pressure to add unnecessary extras like undercoating or fabric treatment.

We had been looking for a two-year-old RX330. Once Jerry had us set up, the top dealer guy called at 10 a.m. The price on a new one was very close to the used prices elsewhere, and somewhat under invoice (OK, the '08s were just arriving, but still...) so we got a new '07 RX350. The deal was done at 10:10. They immediately started on the window tint job. I showed up at 3:30, and after a leisurely and actually enjoyable signing process, I was on my way at 4:45. They didn't know me from Adam before I went in, yet they prepped the car and did the tint just because we were "Jerry's friends". Wow!

Next, my son and his bride "badly wanted" an '08 Audi TT coupe last March. Jerry set them up with an Audi dealership, and they did somewhat under list and not much above invoice. They got one of the very first new-style TTs to hit the ground, and most dealerships were getting a premium over list at that time.

This is just an FYI. We're very happy, and the dealerships are happy to make sales they otherwise might not make. And Jerry gets continued sponsorship for his show, as well as dealer consulting gigs. Winners all around.