Rx350 Price

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I paid 41,250 for premium plus package + nav but I had them throw in the tow hitch and change the tires to Bridgestone Alenza's. I Just picked it up and I LOVE IT!!!!!! What a difference from the rx300. The pick up, turning radius + all the electronics. I can't imagine a better car on the road!!!!

Did the dealer mention to any of you that you have to use premium fuel in the 350? I heard a radio add today that mentioned premium fuel is required for the RX350.

Jeff

With regards to fuel type.

Here is what I was told. The company line requires them to say it should take premium. However, my dealer suggested that regular is fine.

I think you will fine what everbody else says ... if you move to regular you may experience a slight degrade in performance. Whether that is noticeable or not, depends I guess.

I paid 41,250 for premium plus package + nav but I had them throw in the tow hitch and change the tires to Bridgestone Alenza's. I Just picked it up and I LOVE IT!!!!!! What a difference from the rx300. The pick up, turning radius + all the electronics. I can't imagine a better car on the road!!!!

Paid $47500.00 OTD with NAV/Mark lev pkg, AWD, DVD entertainment, 18 in wheels.

My dealer said regular was fine and not to waste my money on anything else. I did the research, and regular is fine for any car. The margins are greater on the premium and mid-grade gas, therefore, the gas stations/oil producers have more of an incentive to make you think your car needs it. It was true when there was carbeurator engines, but since everything is run by computers these days, there is no reason for anything but regular gas. Especially since cars have knock sensors in them, the slight impurities in regular gas will not harm your engine at all.

With respect to performance from regular gas, it is true that there is a slight difference. It is highly unlikely that you will notice it, especially in an SUV. If you're driving a BMW M3, you will probably notice the slight increase in performance, but almost unlikely with an SUV.

The MPG regular vs. premium posts have been beaten to death. Bottm line use premium in any Lexus that has VVT-I. You will get better MPG. I have a 2005 Es330 that gets 280-295 with regular and 330-343 with premium. Baseline 50 miles per tank more with premium, $4.35 more to get at least 50 miles per tank, with better performance.

• 2 months later...

Just got back from the Tacoma (Northwest) Dealership. They wouldn't accept my $1k over invoice offer. The invoice was $40,271. Don't understand why their offer got stuck at $42,688+taxes+fees. Going to Oregon next. I already got an offer from Vegas for $500 below invoice. (Vegas has a $500 Doc fees, lol) Anyone got a better deal in Seattle area? Maybe I should just try a different dealership in Washington State. Btw, they want to pack the $715 (destination charge) and $479 (Dealer Pro Trim, what a rip!)

My 2007 RX 350 AWD Specs below:

2007 RX 350 5-DR SUV AWD

Generation 5 Nav Sys with BT Vocie-Activiation and rear Backup Cam

18" Alumn Wheels with All-Season Tires

Heated front seats with rain-sensitive wipers and headlamp washers

Luxury Value Edition Package

Towing Prep Package/Cargo Mat/Wheel Locks

The $715 destination charge is something all manufacturers charge, it covers the cost of getting the vehicle to the dealer and having the dealer prep it. The $479 is a dealer specific charge, its up to the individual dealer whether or not to waive that. My dealer has no such charge.

You've been here several times dealing on these cars, I'm sure I've said this to you before but I'll say it again. The dealership and the salesperson have to make a living too. If they let you out the door instead of going down to your price, it was because your business was no longer worthwhile to them.

Also, don't underestimate the value of working with a local dealer who can be a point of contact over the life of the car. Dealers also are more likely to authorize salespeople to come down lower if they think they're going to get service business from you too (dealerships don't make money selling cars, they make money servicing cars).

If you approach this being fair and trying to reach an equitable deal for both sides I think you'll be happier. Pitting dealers against dealers in other parts of the country however and then expecting your local dealers to honor pricing from Vegas and places like that isn't fair. You're better off just calling a broker.

The $715 destination charge is something all manufacturers charge, it covers the cost of getting the vehicle to the dealer and having the dealer prep it. The $479 is a dealer specific charge, its up to the individual dealer whether or not to waive that. My dealer has no such charge.

You've been here several times dealing on these cars, I'm sure I've said this to you before but I'll say it again. The dealership and the salesperson have to make a living too. If they let you out the door instead of going down to your price, it was because your business was no longer worthwhile to them.

Also, don't underestimate the value of working with a local dealer who can be a point of contact over the life of the car. Dealers also are more likely to authorize salespeople to come down lower if they think they're going to get service business from you too (dealerships don't make money selling cars, they make money servicing cars).

If you approach this being fair and trying to reach an equitable deal for both sides I think you'll be happier. Pitting dealers against dealers in other parts of the country however and then expecting your local dealers to honor pricing from Vegas and places like that isn't fair. You're better off just calling a broker.

Thanks for your explanation. While I think that $715 destination charge is reasonable, the $479 dealer prep charge isn't. So I want to do business with those who doesn't. I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

I have been shopping for Lexus, yes. But, first time shopping for RX. I got a beautiful LS430 in 2004, for about $1k over invoice, reasonable in my book. I am all for "salesperson have to make a living too", but must they make a 7-pounder?! When I got the LS430, my local dealerships won't deal at all, sticking to me at MSRP which is like $7k over invoice. I got some info from forum that dealerships in Calif were willing to deal, so I dealt with them instead. I ended up driving down there and picked it up with a trailor. Probably spent a $500 on gas and a weekend. That's way better than spending an extra $6k. I still take my LS in for services to my local dealership, so they will make money for sure. :-)

I am happy, I still have the cash and the buying power. I don't expect anything from my local dealership, I use other dealerships figure as a starting point. I need to weigh whether it's worth my hassle to drive to Calif or Vegas. For $6k, I will do it in a heart beat.

I think Brokers are for the people who can't negotiate, besides don't brokers need to make a living too?

Btw, I bought a Scion last near, the spread between MSRP and invoice is $500 to $650. Toyota calls that Simple Pricing. I think that's reasonable and what a pleasant car buying experience. I think the whole car buying industry need to change to better consumers. In the meantime, we have play games like this.

Thanks for your explanation. While I think that $715 destination charge is reasonable, the $479 dealer prep charge isn't. So I want to do business with those who doesn't. I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

None of the dealers here charge a dealer prep fee, so I don't disagree with you about that one.

I have been shopping for Lexus, yes. But, first time shopping for RX. I got a beautiful LS430 in 2004, for about $1k over invoice, reasonable in my book. I am all for "salesperson have to make a living too", but must they make a 7-pounder?!

How much money do you think car salespeople make? Would it surprise you to know that most don't even make the equivalent of minimum wage? Or even a good one who sells higher end cars like Lexus may make $60,000. About the most a car salesman can ever hope to make is $100-$150k. That for extremely long and irregular hours. No benefits, its not fun, and you won't get rich doing it believe me.

And again, who are you to dictate what these people should make? You obviously are not so poor, do you think it would be right for me to suggest you make too much money? Just negotiate a good deal for the particular area and let the salesman make what he makes.

I think Brokers are for the people who can't negociate, besides don't brokers need to make a living too?

Brokers are for people who'se time is too valuable to spend it negotiating, like me. Yes brokers need to make a living too, but they make their living in volume. It probably costs you $200-$500 to have a broker locate and negotiate a car for you. Thats definately what I will do next time. My time is worth in the neighborhood of $100-150 an hour. When you total up the hours it would take me to call dealerships all over the country and figure out the best deal, drive to it and get it. Makes no sense, let the broker find it and negotiate it and deliver it to my door while I keep on working or enjoying my off time. Either that, or I'll just go to my dealer negotiate the best local deal I can and be done with it.

Believe me, I can negotiate I negotiate for a living.

Btw, I bought a Scion last near, the spread between MSRP and invoice is $500 to $650. Toyota calls that Simple Pricing. I think that's reasonable and what a pleasant car buying experience. I think the whole car buying industry need to change to better consumers. In the meantime, we have play games like this.

You can't compare buying a Scion to buying a Lexus. The volume is MUCH higher in a Toyota/Scion dealer than in a Lexus dealer. Hence why the spreads on Lexus cars are higher. Do you expect profits in a small antique shop to be the same as big lots? It wouldn't make any sense.

So that makes another brand new car? You definately don't deserve to make the money you're making. I think whatever industry you're in needs to change to better its consumers.

Obviously I don't care how much money you make, I'm just proving a point. Don't begrudge someone his or her living.

I have tried to put anything personal out of this discussion, so I don't know why you make such issue personal attack with "You definately don't deserve to make the money you're making..." Hey, you know the guy standing at the end of the freeway exit with a sign "Pls help", Oh, he works really hard too and let's all just give them a $100 bill.

I know time is money and I will weigh my option, but I don't make $6k a weekend. So, I will drive.

My point with the Scion is that they can have $2000 over invoice for Lexus, but make it mixed across dealerships. And, every dealership charges the same, then we don't have to play this kind of games. That's all.

Just got a call from my local dealor, looks like they have a change of heart...

Anita.

reading both of your posts about buying cars here making me think i dont spend enough time "negotiating" on my cars.

i dont make more than 1 trip to the dealer, nor do i call anyone. i just drive in, pick the car, and negotiate a little about the price, and im out when the car is ready. man, i must leave the dealer with them laughing in the break room.

reading both of your posts about buying cars here making me think i dont spend enough time "negotiating" on my cars.

i dont make more than 1 trip to the dealer, nor do i call anyone. i just drive in, pick the car, and negotiate a little about the price, and im out when the car is ready. man, i must leave the dealer with them laughing in the break room.

Everyone is different. If it works for you, then that's just fine. You probably don't care how much over invoice. That's a true sign of being rich. You probably make it back in a few hours. For me, however, I don't make nearly as much, so I have to save. :-)

I have tried to put anything personal out of this discussion, so I don't know why you make such issue personal attack with "You definately don't deserve to make the money you're making..." Hey, you know the guy standing at the end of the freeway exit with a sign "Pls help", Oh, he works really hard too and let's all just give them a $100 bill.

Who'se making a personal attack? In fact I specifically said obviously I don't care what you make and that I was just trying to prove a point. My point obviously did have an effect on you though, so I guess it worked.

Being fair to and respectful of the needs of the other party in a negotiation is not akin to charity, its simply doing business with fairness and integrity. I simply cannot stand people who don't feel like they've negotiated successfully until they've totally stripped the other side of everything thats important to them. I'm not saying you are this way (although your comments make me think you are), but I absolutely refuse to do business with people like that, there's no point.

I know time is money and I will weigh my option, but I don't make $6k a weekend. So, I will drive.

My point is with a broker you can relax and enjoy your weekend, save $5500 instead of $6000 and have the car delivered to your door. You do this because you enjoy it, not to save money.

My point with the Scion is that they can have $2000 over invoice for Lexus, but make it mixed across dealerships. And, every dealership charges the same, then we don't have to play this kind of games. That's all.

Then I think you'll be more happy buying things like Scions and Saturns then. The reason the pricing is mixed among dealerships is that every dealer is in a different market. Markets change depending on the location and amount of competition in the luxury car sales industry way more than in the midmarket industry. Thats just how business works. Its called supply and demand, if there is more supply than demand in a given area obviously they'll sell the cars for less. If every Lexus dealer charged the same they wouldn't be able to put Lexus dealers in certain parts of the country. Luxury items have a higher markup and more variation in value based on geography. Thats Business 101.

Just got a call from my local dealor, looks like they have a change of heart...

If they're matching a price from a nonlocal dealer they're making a mistake. If you benefit from it congrats, but if that were my dealer I'd let you know I wasn't interested in your business if you expected me to match a nonlocal price.

I got the RX350 for $39,400 with options below (That is without T & L)

Lexus of Marin gave a great Deal

2007 RX 350 5-DR SUV AWD

• 2 weeks later...

I got the RX350 for $39,400 with options below (That is without T & L)

Lexus of Marin gave a great Deal

2007 RX 350 5-DR SUV AWD

First post...

I paid $41,000 for the above. Pick it up next Wed...Can't wait.

What are people paying for the 2007 RX350 with premium plus and nav in the northeast (excluidng tax)? I paid $40,700 for the above excluding tax. Pretty sure that's invoice. Anyone else??? They also threw in the tow hitch for free.

I paid $40,500 for my RX350 AWD with Premium Plus Package. Sticker price including Delivery, etc was $45,706.