when i opened it off nothing was in there

just dust and dirt

i will have to clean it out later

i was too *BLEEP*ed to find i had the option of having one and didn't

i then checked the supplementary manual with the car

and it said that all lexus have the optional add on of the a/c filter

that comes standard on the LS

oh well i might just get one

If you think its a pain in the @$$ to get to, wait till you try and put the damn filter in! I got a filter for the 98 es300 for $37.58 and shipping from www.irontoad.com. I believe the part number for the 98 is Lexus/Toyota part # 88880-33020. Pricing pretty much all works out the same as a aftermarket or buying from a local dealer after the shipping cost. And yeh, it is a pain to put in, but I got a flyer that says the a/c filter service is $111 and up, so it is worth it to change ourselves. The fOEM filter is nice since it kinda is able to bend in the middle but snaps back straight, I couldn't figure out why they made it like that until I actually installed. Its cause you need to kinda have to get the first half in first , then slide the second half past the gas pedal and then put it in. Oh, BTW, there are actually TWO filters, where one sits on top of the other one.

i just take out the cabin filter in my 97 ES... they are kind of dirt..as i want to change it.. i call the dealer to ask how much for the A/C filter.. they quote me $90(tax include) and yes.. 90 buck for a filter.. :wacko: and i m even more *BLEEP*s....so i just take it out and use my household vaccumc to clean all the dust....so instead of buy a new one for $90.. i did clean it myself.... :blushing:

the filter itself also lable "CLEAN WITH high perssure air only" and i think it mean it is "REUSEABLE" so i think that is diff design then the air filter with u have to change them every 5000 km.. :chairshot:

Hi MCV20,

Thanks for the advice on the strut bars!

The dealer quated price of $90 is a rip off. Go to the site I mentioned earlier and ask them to give a price for the 97 filter, I am pretty sure it is the same as the '98 but jeez, $90 bucks must be the MSRP. Is this dealer in the US or Canada?

Yes, the '03 has the AC filter behind the glove box. The Owners Manual explains how to change this filter.

It seems unusual that this filter would have to be changed so soon since it's an '03 car. Auto supply stores usually sell products that eliminate these smells.www.ultrashield.com/odortreatment.htm

Hi MCV20,

Thanks for the advice on the strut bars!

The dealer quated price of $90 is a rip off. Go to the site I mentioned earlier and ask them to give a price for the 97 filter, I am pretty sure it is the same as the '98 but jeez, $90 bucks must be the MSRP. Is this dealer in the US or Canada?

not a problem...m2pc..

yes.. its $90 CAD..but which is still $70 USD... :pirate: and it still a rip off..

anyway i think m just going to leave it rite now...(i already did vaccume it) but hey those badly smell is gone at least... if it going to smell bad next year.. i may be possible to change it... (hope we can get some aftermkt supply in Canada, instead of buying GENIUS LEXUS RIP-OFF PARTS) :magic:

chill, I had to change my filter at about 24k.

It smelled like really bad feet and you notice it (it hits you like a ton of bricks) when the AC is just turned on for the first time. Changing the filter got rid of the smell instantly. We have only one filter and it is exactly where amf1932 stated. It is also about $57 from the Lexus parts guy.

Takes a total of 5 minutes.

steviej