Hello All, New User About To Get A New Car

dscain

Hi eveyone, I found this site in my search for information on lexus. I know that this isnt really the introduction forum, but I figured I would kill two birds with one stone. I am looking to purchase either a 95-00 LS400 or GS300/400. What are some options/features/pitfalls i should look for in the car? I realize that I covered two different generations in the ls/gs, so more specifically I will be really looking for a 98-00. Thank you everyone for the information and I look forward to contributing to the boards!

Well, this is the LS forum, so my vote is for the LS. The 98-00 models would definitely be my preference, as there were a number of improvements made in 98. If I were you, I'd take my time and find the perfect 00 model. There are still some really good ones out there if you're patient and look hard enough.

Good luck!

Well, this is the LS forum, so my vote is for the LS. The 98-00 models would definitely be my preference, as there were a number of improvements made in 98. If I were you, I'd take my time and find the perfect 00 model. There are still some really good ones out there if you're patient and look hard enough.

Good luck!

hahaha, im definately leaning towards the LS. ill also check out the buying guide pinned to the top of the page that i missed :blushing:

I know there are some good 98-00 LS400s in Houston. I bought mine there.

Just make sure you run a Carfax, and have it checked out by a lexus mechanic, if possible. There are quite a few cars coming out of Texas that were water damaged by all the hurricanes down there.... Same thing happened here back in 99' when Hurricane Floyd flooded us out...cars went all over the south east that were flooded, but sold w/o that being disclosed.