Lexus Extended Warranty

BillN-DC

Hi everyone:

I am a soon to be new ES 350 owner. I have a question about the Lexus extended warranty. Is anyone aware of dealer discounted prices? I have found one dealer with considerably discounted prices but all of the others seem to only have the MSRP prices on their website. A search with Google or Yahoo has not helped.

Thanks.

BillN-DC

• 3 weeks later...

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I just bought an '07 GS350 and have less than 300 miles. I want to get competitive prices on Platinum Extended Warranty from Lexus, not 3d party. . I'm confused about the various terms of the warranty. My last car, a Mercedes E-320 I purchased an additional 4 years for a total of 8 years and a max of 100k miles. I received a quote from the dealer I bought the GS from. For $2,000.00 I can get a Platinum, 0 deductible good for 7 years or 75k miles. Is that a good price?

I just bought an '07 GS350 and have less than 300 miles. I want to get competitive prices on Platinum Extended Warranty from Lexus, not 3d party. . I'm confused about the various terms of the warranty. My last car, a Mercedes E-320 I purchased an additional 4 years for a total of 8 years and a max of 100k miles. I received a quote from the dealer I bought the GS from. For $2,000.00 I can get a Platinum, 0 deductible good for 7 years or 75k miles. Is that a good price?

www.WeBargain4u.com (888) 759-8823 has the Lexus 7yr/100K Platinum for about $2,000. The 7yr/75K around $1,600. They can write your warranty thorough their Lexus dealer network... Very nice people!

• 2 months later...

In 2004, and after several months of researching extended warrantys, we picked an aftermarket company for our non-Lexus (Prius) car. Don't wana say WHO the company is, for fear of sounding like a commercial plug. Anyway, we also inquired of folks on another car forum. The consensus was that you can save hundreds & hundreds by NOT getting it via the dealer. Doesn't that simply make sense? Gee, I can let the DEALER put in a cabin air filter for about $80 ... or do it myself for $16. You do the math. Similarly, the consensus for WHEN to buy, was that there's NO reaon to buy, until you get near the end of the factory warranty, as the price is unaffected. Our Prius warranty paid for itself in the first 3 years ... and THEN some. The MFD alone is about a grand, REBUILT.

Then there was our '01 Range Rover. The RR warranty paid for itself as well. One example was the little yellow light on the RR's dash. It said something like "Service Required" I'll say !! Mind you, no symptoms ... just a little 'service required' light. BAM. New tranny. $6,000 ! ! Yes, the Lexus is no unreliable Pig, like the RR, but you get the point. Again, the aftermarket RR warranty was HUNDREDS less than what the dealer would do.

Some of Lexus' hybrid technology is pretty new. New stuff isn't necessarily proven up yet. So we're getting an exteded warranty for the 400h. So far, like with our other cars, we'll be saving hundreds by going with the aftermarket guys. Their service and payment reimbursements have always been accepted at the dealer in a nice quick manner. In fact, just about 4 weeks ago, a wheel stud cracked, down in the hub. Bumper to bumper, 5yr/100K miles. The bill for the Prius' stud? Paid in full. Another $45 back into our pockets. Very happy.

• 3 weeks later...
In 2004, and after several months of researching extended warrantys, we picked an aftermarket company for our non-Lexus (Prius) car. Don't wana say WHO the company is, for fear of sounding like a commercial plug. Anyway, we also inquired of folks on another car forum. The consensus was that you can save hundreds & hundreds by NOT getting it via the dealer. Doesn't that simply make sense? Gee, I can let the DEALER put in a cabin air filter for about $80 ... or do it myself for $16. You do the math. Similarly, the consensus for WHEN to buy, was that there's NO reaon to buy, until you get near the end of the factory warranty, as the price is unaffected. Our Prius warranty paid for itself in the first 3 years ... and THEN some. The MFD alone is about a grand, REBUILT.

Then there was our '01 Range Rover. The RR warranty paid for itself as well. One example was the little yellow light on the RR's dash. It said something like "Service Required" I'll say !! Mind you, no symptoms ... just a little 'service required' light. BAM. New tranny. $6,000 ! ! Yes, the Lexus is no unreliable Pig, like the RR, but you get the point. Again, the aftermarket RR warranty was HUNDREDS less than what the dealer would do.

Some of Lexus' hybrid technology is pretty new. New stuff isn't necessarily proven up yet. So we're getting an exteded warranty for the 400h. So far, like with our other cars, we'll be saving hundreds by going with the aftermarket guys. Their service and payment reimbursements have always been accepted at the dealer in a nice quick manner. In fact, just about 4 weeks ago, a wheel stud cracked, down in the hub. Bumper to bumper, 5yr/100K miles. The bill for the Prius' stud? Paid in full. Another $45 back into our pockets. Very happy.

Great reply.

Question: Did the aftermarket warranty come with a deductible? Or was it no deductible? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Question: Did the aftermarket warranty come with a deductible? Or was it no deductible? Thanks!

ZERO deductable, bumper to bumper (except for 'wear & tear' items like tires, wiper blades, etc) ... but if you don't mind paying $50 or $100 per incident, the price goes down a pretty good amount.

• 2 weeks later...

---

Hi - Can you please advise which company you used? I'm searching for an extended warrenty currently - and could use some advice. Thanks.

Do you carry Health Insurance? So why not insurace on a machanical vehicle. The same goes for the car. No matter how perfect a Lexus may be it still can have its problems. Thats why we carry warranties.

Here is one, if the car is built as it should, why do you need a Warranty? I say it does not.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I'd like to ask for the longest warranty available as for a standard lexus car.. available in the California..

The ProAuto Guard Product Warranty Includes:

Coverage for 5 Years/100,000 ADDITIONAL miles on all internally lubricated parts

ZERO Deductible!

TRANSFER TO SECOND OWNER! Use your warranty to increase the resale of your used vehicle!

Rental Car Reimbursement

Roadside Assistance/5 years of coverage

National Coverage in both the U.S. and Canada (any ASE Certified repair facility!)

Call, email or visit the site for further information.

http://fxchief.warrantiesforless.com

• 1 month later...

Do you carry Health Insurance? So why not insurace on a machanical vehicle. The same goes for the car. No matter how perfect a Lexus may be it still can have its problems. Thats why we carry warranties.

If lexus is so good, you get the idea. I have health issue for my FAMILY, not for me. I do not use it. I have it and do not use since I know what issues, ha ha, I have.

Again if you have control of your quality (SPC, 6-sigma etc) you are golden on mfg.I worked in quality and they know what that have 20+ years ago. I worked with toyo years ago too..

• 1 month later...

Buy the factory Extended Service Contract if the price is within 10% or so of the aftermarket guys, that's my opinion. Why do I say this?

These aftermarket companies do on occasion go out of business leaving you with NOTHING but a dent in your wallet.

As to the post stating that if the car is of proper quality, you don't need it.......No so!!! Think about this. If a car is 99.9% perfect and it has 15,000 parts on it, that leaves 15 parts that can break....do you know which 15 that might be? I don't. If you have a MODERATE repair on a car this complex, it could easily cost you $2,000.00. The days of do it yourself are long since over due to the complexity of these vehicles.

Think of these plans as nothing more than insurance. You insure your home, your car, your health. All of which you hope you NEVER have to use but aren't you glad you have them if you ever DO have to use them? Here's another thing to think about too.....the average person spends $1500.00 to $2000.00 per year on car insurance to insure the "outside" of the car. Doesn't $2000.00 to ensure everything else for FIVE, SIX or SEVEN years seem pretty cheap by comparison?

Good luck and whatever you do......drive safe!!

Another consideration is the terms of the warranty contract. I do some simple maintenance on my vehicles like change oil, replace filters and rotate tires. Will this effect the Lexus extended warranty?

• 1 year later...