Brake Indicator?

I recently had my oil changed and brakes checked. The mechanic told me that I had about 40% of brake pad wear left and I wouldn't really need to change my brake pads for another month or two. My issue is that everytime I'm ridin' fast or brake suddenly my brake indicator(i.e. the indicator located under the speedometer that comes on after you put the parking brake up) comes on for a few seconds then goes off(Please keep in mind that my parking brake is down!!!). I wanted to know if this means that I should change my brake pads immediately and then the indicator will stopping going on/off or it is something more serious?? Please HELP!!

thanks in advance yall

• 1 year later...

Hey hey, was having the same problems with the parking brake light and then trac light coming on ocassionally but then became more and more frequent. Just added a few ouces to the brake reservoir and it's immediately resolved.

thank you all....

• 1 month later...

Hi, just thought I would throw this out there... I'm having the ongoing need to keep adding brake fluid once a month or so... I don't think this is normal for brake pad wear - and I don't see signs of leaking .... Any thoughts where leaks typically happen ?? thanks

Hi, just thought I would throw this out there... I'm having the ongoing need to keep adding brake fluid once a month or so... I don't think this is normal for brake pad wear - and I don't see signs of leaking .... Any thoughts where leaks typically happen ?? thanks

Most likely you're losing fluid from your calipers and it's burning up on the rotors. Also check your master cylinder and booster area for wet spots. If you're constantly topping up, keep in mind that fluid in a half empty bottle will absorb moisture. You don't want to add old fluid with moisture to the system. If you don't want to crack a new bottle every time, buy one of those photo chemical bottles that have a diaphram inside which collapses with the fluid to eliminate contact with the air inside the bottle and keeps it fresh.

I recently had my oil changed and brakes checked. The mechanic told me that I had about 40% of brake pad wear left and I wouldn't really need to change my brake pads for another month or two. My issue is that everytime I'm ridin' fast or brake suddenly my brake indicator(i.e. the indicator located under the speedometer that comes on after you put the parking brake up) comes on for a few seconds then goes off(Please keep in mind that my parking brake is down!!!). I wanted to know if this means that I should change my brake pads immediately and then the indicator will stopping going on/off or it is something more serious?? Please HELP!!

thanks in advance yall

Just out of curiosity did this low pressure happen after you took it to the mechanic or before? Perhaps you want to do a brake-flush.