Speedometer & Tachometer

Nole65SG

I replaced the gauge cluster on a 92 Lexus SC300. The needle lights on the old cluster were not working and the speedometer and tach only worked intermittently. I found a used cluster and had it installed. The needle lights now all work fine and the speedometer and tachometer both appeared to function properly. However, by the end of the day the speedometer and tach were back to zero and not working again---or working only intermittently as in the past. Needle lights, however, are fine. Any ideas what the problem is with the speedo and tach and how to fix? Thanks.

I replaced the gauge cluster on a 92 Lexus SC300. The needle lights on the old cluster were not working and the speedometer and tach only worked intermittently. I found a used cluster and had it installed. The needle lights now all work fine and the speedometer and tachometer both appeared to function properly. However, by the end of the day the speedometer and tach were back to zero and not working again---or working only intermittently as in the past. Needle lights, however, are fine. Any ideas what the problem is with the speedo and tach and how to fix? Thanks.

THis is just a guess, but you may have to do what I did in this thread:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=31187

In fact, I am pulling the cluster this weekend to re-do a couple of more screws in the water temp guage.

:wacko: