This Is Getting Old

I have a beautiful 2006 lexus IS 250, awd, fully loaded with the kichen sink, but with the squeakest brakes you can imagine. Its been like that since I first purchased it, brand new from the lot, in april. been to numerous dealers several times, they claim its a non-problem, even going as far as saying its a special feature of the cars performance. :rolleyes:

I just want to fix the squeak and at this point, I will pay if I have too. Can I buy new brake pads to fix this problem? if so what do you guys recommend? Please let me know anything I can do, I am desperate as I cannot stand any more squeaking.

My Is250 is so beautiful yet the squeak brings her down. Its like dating a super model with a snaggle tooth.

Thanks guys, and by the way this is my first post, :)

I have a beautiful 2006 lexus IS 250, awd, fully loaded with the kichen sink, but with the squeakest brakes you can imagine. Its been like that since I first purchased it, brand new from the lot, in april. been to numerous dealers several times, they claim its a non-problem, even going as far as saying its a special feature of the cars performance. :rolleyes:

I just want to fix the squeak and at this point, I will pay if I have too. Can I buy new brake pads to fix this problem? if so what do you guys recommend? Please let me know anything I can do, I am desperate as I cannot stand any more squeaking.

My Is250 is so beautiful yet the squeak brings her down. Its like dating a super model with a snaggle tooth.

Lots of people are complaining about the squeaks and sqeals from the IS's brakes.

One forum even has a member's recorded phonecall to Lexus Corp where they, in so many words, tell him to pound sand.

Lexus claims that the noise is due to the high performance brake parts they use and this is working as designed.

This may be true, but I also despise when my car makes any noise other than the exhaust note... :wub:

I've always used Bendix parts and never had an issue.

They're quiet, not too bad in the brake dust dept, and last for quite some time.

They even offer lifetime replacement warranties.

Buy pads, send in the slip, and your next set will be free.

I don't have tons of knowledge when it comes to high-end performance brakes, so I won't suggest anything....

but, Acura is using Brembo components on the 6-Speed TL. They're very quiet and stop on a dime.

Stinks that you have to replace the brakes on a brand new car though... :angry:

My IS350 brakes don't make any noise at all. Should I feel left out on this "performance" thing? Really, not all, and probably most IS brake do not squeal, so you'll just have to keep after Lexus till they come up with a fix.

Some have talked about going with "green stuff" pads, but I don't know anyone who has really done it yet.

Lots of people are complaining about the squeaks and sqeals from the IS's brakes.

One forum even has a member's recorded phonecall to Lexus Corp where they, in so many words, tell him to pound sand.

Lexus claims that the noise is due to the high performance brake parts they use and this is working as designed.

This may be true, but I also despise when my car makes any noise other than the exhaust note... :wub:

I've always used Bendix parts and never had an issue.

They're quiet, not too bad in the brake dust dept, and last for quite some time.

They even offer lifetime replacement warranties.

Buy pads, send in the slip, and your next set will be free.

I don't have tons of knowledge when it comes to high-end performance brakes, so I won't suggest anything....

but, Acura is using Brembo components on the 6-Speed TL. They're very quiet and stop on a dime.

Stinks that you have to replace the brakes on a brand new car though... :angry:

I too have had the brakes groan on my new 06 IS250 (1100mi) when coming to or leaving from a complete stop. The problem has, however, ceased the more aggressively I braked after the recommended break-in period.

I have a IS 350 with luxury sports package..I'm also experiencing a grinding sound when coming to and leaving a complete stop. It has less than 400 miles, will the problem go away after the break-in period or should I just call the dealer?

I called the service dept., the guy told me it's not normal. He say it's normal to have a little squeaky sound in the morning but not grinding sound throughout the day. I'm bringing it in next thursday...

Well yea, I am not talking about grinding. This thread is about the squeaking sound that comes stock on Is250's and is from the high performance brake pad dust.

Anyone change there pads and eliminate the problem? What other solutions? Do u just live with it? :unsure:

I called the service dept., the guy told me it's not normal. He say it's normal to have a little squeaky sound in the morning but not grinding sound throughout the day. I'm bringing it in next thursday...

Well yea, I am not talking about grinding. This thread is about the squeaking sound that comes stock on Is250's and is from the high performance brake pad dust.

Anyone change there pads and eliminate the problem? What other solutions? Do u just live with it? :unsure:

I forgot when I was at the dealer last week to ask about the brakes........as I am reminded while my brakes are making their little high-pitched noises........So, no, haven't changed anything yet..........just living with it for right now.....

I'm having the exact same problem. I'm overall not that satisfied w/ my purchase. My car doesn't seem to have the lexus lvl of quality like older models. I drove the 92 ES300 and the 98 GS400 prev...

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the exact same problem. I'm overall not that satisfied w/ my purchase. My car doesn't seem to have the lexus lvl of quality like older models. I drove the 92 ES300 and the 98 GS400 prev...

The dealers now know many Is models have a squeeking brakes so they dont even check them. They jsut tell you up front that its very common and they have nothing they can do to fix this at this point.

Solution, change your brakes to an aftermarket brakes. If you want to spend some money, go with brembos. Otherwise is owners look like they have to live with squeeking brakes.

The dealers now know many Is models have a squeeking brakes so they dont even check them. They jsut tell you up front that its very common and they have nothing they can do to fix this at this point.

Solution, change your brakes to an aftermarket brakes. If you want to spend some money, go with brembos. Otherwise is owners look like they have to live with squeeking brakes.

I don't have any break squeaking problems yet. But, i do want to change them for Brembos breaks. Last time i called, and they said they don't have any for the new IS 350 yet. This was about 5 months ago. So if anybody knows where i can get them. Please let me know. Thanks. ;)

• 6 months later...

I don't have a solution, but I would love to know if someone does as well. I also asked the dealer and they said it was normal. I will say that after my 20,000 service they replaced the brake pads and they sounded perfect for about a week, then started up again.