Switching From Gs430 To Gx470? Need Advice...

topichka

Hello All,

I'm thinking about selling me GS430 to for a GX470. I've been reviewing the forums and noticed much talk about "the thump". Does this still occur in the 05-06 models??? Also, any other issues I should know aobut?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

Hello All,

I'm thinking about selling me GS430 to for a GX470. I've been reviewing the forums and noticed much talk about "the thump". Does this still occur in the 05-06 models??? Also, any other issues I should know aobut?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

The "clunk" doesn't occur on every GX but sounds like it occurs on most. Lexus has a TSIB that has the cure. The problem is the parts are on a lengthly backorder. But the GX is such a great vehicle, that I still went and purchased a new 06 last year. The clunk started to develop on mine around 3500 miles. Luckily the dealer had all the parts to correct it back then(this past July), so mine was cured.

Hello All,

Thanks in advance,

Brian

I have the clunk in my 05 GX470 and am waiting for the dealer to get the parts in to perform the TSB. The 07 may be the first year without the problem. Make sure you drive a GX with and without the "Sports Package" with the KDSS. I found the SP model to have superior ride and much better handling. I think it is a good deal for an additional $1800. We just recently sold our 02 GS430. It was a lot quicker than the GX470, but the ride was not as smooth. The high seat position of the GX is great for scenic driving and the AWD is the best money can buy and still have a luxury ride. The seating for 8 is a real plus if you ever need to take a group of people. The GX in a word....solid.