Paint On 2001 Lexus Ls430

PDT

I acquired a 2001 Lexus LS430 from a Toyota dealership last month. This is my first Lexus. Overall the car was in good condition. I have had problems with 2 items. First is the paint. The car is navy blue and each day I notice there's more small paint chips on the vehicle. I've waxed the car and use a little rubbing compound to remove some water spots. Does anyone have any suggestions on why the paint is chipping off in small little dot type spots? Is this a problem with Lexus paint? Second is the front brakes. When I'm stopped and roll forward slowly the brakes make a loud sound as I apply the brakes slowly. My mechanic said the pads are new however are cheap and the only way to stop it is to put Lexus pads on the car. Any suggestions...especially why the paint is chipping and scratching so easy? Thanks.

First of all I'm going to move your thread into the new 90-06 LS section.

Is the paint chipping only on the front? Unfortunately thats common depending on the type of roadways you're driving on. The paint is also prone to scratching, all dark colors are. To fix these issues and keep them from coming back, check out the detailing forum. You can find info there about polishing, washing, and even clearbras to help the chipping.

Welcome to the LOC!

I acquired a 2001 Lexus LS430 from a Toyota dealership last month. This is my first Lexus. Overall the car was in good condition. I have had problems with 2 items. First is the paint. The car is navy blue and each day I notice there's more small paint chips on the vehicle. I've waxed the car and use a little rubbing compound to remove some water spots. Does anyone have any suggestions on why the paint is chipping off in small little dot type spots? Is this a problem with Lexus paint? Second is the front brakes. When I'm stopped and roll forward slowly the brakes make a loud sound as I apply the brakes slowly. My mechanic said the pads are new however are cheap and the only way to stop it is to put Lexus pads on the car. Any suggestions...especially why the paint is chipping and scratching so easy? Thanks.

Paint is chipping on the side doors, hood and top of car. I did have the car detailed with a high speed buffer to remove water spots.

firsy of all the car was definately repainted and ill tell u why its doing that. look at where its chipping on the top parts of the car not on the sides. you live in florida and therefore when you live in florida primer is a must for a paint job. primer works as an absorber. when the sun shines thru the base coat and clear coat if there is no primer it goes straight thru the e-coat and into the sheet metal which cause the paint to chip. sometimes up north you can get away with a paint job like that. maaco usually does those paint jobs for around $300. but u have to keep getting them. they r usually jus for if u want to sell a car and in ur case it happened to u.

if it is chipping in small dots it could be that the car was prepped very wrong before being painted...maybe the paint booth was dirty and those spots chipping there were something under that paint. i dont no an you put any pictures up so i can be sure?

and about the brakes..i have the same problem. the original owner of my car installed semi-metallic brake pads on mine and they squeak like crazy. the only way to fix the noise is not to buy lexus pad but buy ceramic brake pads. they wil run you about $150-$300 depending on where you get them...look online for some no-name brand cheap ones....wil work the same.

the only way to fix the noise is not to buy lexus pad but buy ceramic brake pads. they wil run you about $150-$300 depending on where you get them...look online for some no-name brand cheap ones....wil work the same.

I totally disagree with this. One place where "you get what you pay for" is certainly true is brake pads. Buying "cheap no name ceramic pads online" is not going to fix your issue, buying OEM Lexus pads will. I've never had an OEM Lexus pad squeal, never even once.