Which Is Faster?

Hey guys I was driving with my friend tonight in my 350 and I pulled up the new mustang GT and he was like "that thing would eat this" and I said o really, why? and we were discussing it and I told him this story about how I raced one and I beat it....and he responded o it must have been the driver because car wise the gt is more.....Now I disagree with this, and I looked up the specs on the GT (V8) the zero to 60 is 5.1 and the quarter mile is 13.5....SO it seems these cars are pretty much equal.....What do you guys think?

well...were talking the regular mustang GT here, not the shelby edition with 500hp right? this is the one with 300hp versus your lexus with 306? chances are you lexus is even lighter against the prehistoric american car. but then it has more torque...and if it really does a quarter mile at 13.5 then yes you would lose big time. lol

well...were talking the regular mustang GT here, not the shelby edition with 500hp right? this is the one with 300hp versus your lexus with 306? chances are you lexus is even lighter against the prehistoric american car. but then it has more torque...and if it really does a quarter mile at 13.5 then yes you would lose big time. lol

Yes, just the normal one.....I dunno I have heard ppl running 13.6 so I think it would be close...

Hey guys I was driving with my friend tonight in my 350 and I pulled up the new mustang GT and he was like "that thing would eat this" and I said o really, why? and we were discussing it and I told him this story about how I raced one and I beat it....and he responded o it must have been the driver because car wise the gt is more.....Now I disagree with this, and I looked up the specs on the GT (V8) the zero to 60 is 5.1 and the quarter mile is 13.5....SO it seems these cars are pretty much equal.....What do you guys think?

As soon as the Ford breaks down (and it will, eventually), the Lexus will pass it like it's standing still...(cause it will be) :P ;) :D

FORD = Found On Road Dead

First On Repair Day :lol::lol::lol:

Okay, my turn...

FORD = Fix Or Repair Daily :lol: :D

And being the previous owner of a '94 Ford SHO, I know it first hand. :cries:

13.5 and lose big time?? Why? I've seen lots of Drag slips with mid 13s from a stock 350...

well im going on the times posted by manufacturers. Obviously, those few miliseconds arent that big of a difference, but its still losing.

But the manufactuer time are pretty much just playing it safe, they safe the 350 does 0-60 in 5.3 seconds when people have done it in 5.0 and 5.1

So I don't think those times are reliable, when the car is in reality a tad faster...