Daytime Running Lights?

The dealer can turn them off for you. It's mentioned in some other threads here. They may tell you they can't, but if you demand it they really can. It's part of the stuff they can set using their little programmer.

The dealer told me it was illegal to turn the daytime running lights off?????? Daytime running lights aren't required by law.

Does anyone know how to turn them off myself? I don't have the car yet, when the low beam headlights are on do the daytime running lights turn off?

The dealer can turn them off for you. It's mentioned in some other threads here. They may tell you they can't, but if you demand it they really can. It's part of the stuff they can set using their little programmer.

The dealer told me it was illegal to turn the daytime running lights off?????? Daytime running lights aren't required by law.

Does anyone know how to turn them off myself? I don't have the car yet, when the low beam headlights are on do the daytime running lights turn off?

Look up the law on Google. I know its not a federal law and I doubt its a state law.

I just checked and the DRLs stay on when you turn on the low beam headlights.

I just picked up my new 2007 IS 350 yesterday.

The dealer wouldn't turn off my daytime running lights because they said no one has ever requested that and they didn't know how to do it. Is there a way for me to do this myself? The Xenon lights would look so much better at night if they yellow halogen daytime running lights were'nt on as well.

I just looked in my owners manual and the parking light fuse (I assume the daytime running lights are the parking lights) is located in engine compartment type B fuse #20 FR TAIL 10A. What would happen if I remove this fuse?

Read through this thread. It should explain most of this for you re DRL, parking lights, etc.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread...disable+DRL%27s

Thanks, good thread. But it didn't tell me how to turn off the DRL's. Anyone have an idea how I can do this?

The dealer is the only one who can turn off the DRLs. You may get some resistance because it maybe the law in your state or they just don't know how to do it. Many have done it over in the CL forums.

Read through this thread. It should explain most of this for you re DRL, parking lights, etc.

Thanks, good thread. But it didn't tell me how to turn off the DRL's. Anyone have an idea how I can do this?

The dealer does it. It's like part of the Personal Settings. If he doesn't know how, then tell him to look it up or maybe find another dealer who can do it. It's a simple as setting any of the other personal settings, but only the dealer has the box that's used in doing it.

post-1385-1160326422_thumb.jpg

Download the above attachment, then enlarge it so you can read it. I believe it will show the steps the dealer needs to follow to turn off the DRL's.

• 2 weeks later...

Why don't you just unplug the bulbs or remove the bulbs? Seems like the easiest way to solve your problem.

-GM

Why don't you just unplug the bulbs or remove the bulbs? Seems like the easiest way to solve your problem.

-GM

I'm assuming that would create a 'light bulb error' on the dash?????

I think I'm going to get some of those xenon match bulbs. None of the dealers I've talked to seem like they want to try and figure out how to get the lights cut off, everyone I talk thinks I'm crazy. I think there crazy for wanting daytime running lights, I hate the way they look.

-GM

I'm assuming that would create a 'light bulb error' on the dash?????

I think I'm going to get some of those xenon match bulbs. None of the dealers I've talked to seem like they want to try and figure out how to get the lights cut off, everyone I talk thinks I'm crazy. I think there crazy for wanting daytime running lights, I hate the way they look.

This doesn't work for the dealer?

post-1385-1160326422_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Are the bulbs used the light the license plate the same bulbs used for the daytime running lights. I like the color of the trunk light bulbs, if they would work I could use those for my daytime running lights.