Heater In Rx 330

rfcbuf

I have a 2004 RX 330 and when setting the heater at 70 degrees, the heat generated seems cooler than 70. Actually have to set temp at 73 to make the heat generated feel like 70 degrees. Is this a problem experienced by anyone else and if so, what is the remedy besides just setting the temp higher.

i dont think its a problem. i keep my airconditioner on 68 when its hot...and 70 is just as cool. if its cold, i set it to 75 and above. if you have central heating in your home, you would know that your suppose to set air con to 73 or something in the summer to conserve engergy

I have a 2004 RX 330 and when setting the heater at 70 degrees, the heat generated seems cooler than 70. Actually have to set temp at 73 to make the heat generated feel like 70 degrees. Is this a problem experienced by anyone else and if so, what is the remedy besides just setting the temp higher.

I know exactly what you're talking about! I have found the temp to be on the cool side in my original 2000 RX as well as my Rx350. When I compare it to the same temp in the Mercedes or the LL Bean Subaru, it is definitely a good 3-4 degrees chillier for any given temp. I too would appreciate knowing a remedy other than always setting it higher to compensate!

There are several C-best options that can be changed by the dealer to help with this. First, the cooling mode airflow will be as much as 20F cooler than heating mode airflow. If you remember to keep the airflow in heating, footwell, mode you will undoubtedly be more comfortable.

Later models, I don't remember when this started, have a c-best option so the system can be prevented from automatically switching to cooling mode once the cabin temperature rises to or near your temperature setpoint. This will also DEFINITELY help if you occassionally have windshield fogging problems while underway.

Options on my 2001 RX300 are set so the operation of the A/C can be disabled indefinitely simply by turning it off once, and I also have the A/C unlinked from operating in either defrsot/defog/demist mode.