Just Bought An '07!

Hi All,

I am not the type to normally get excited over cars. And anyone who knows me will certainly attest I am not a "tree-hugger" but I just broke down and purchased the '07 RX Hybrid. I couldn't be happier.

I take delivery next week (I bought it in MA, but live in NY so it needs to get registered).

I can confirm that there ARE changes in the car.

The 5th gen nav is in (and lets you dial numbers while driving - by speaking the number as in Chrysler's UConnect). BLuetooth has been retooled to allow more phones to be compatibe (especially crippled Verizon phones!)

The wood trim between my friend's early model RX ('06 I think?) and mine has changed. It looks much more "lexusy" (for lack of a better adjective).

Basically all the ones being sold here in MA are the same build (AWD, NAV, Premium Plus).

Custom options seem to be the ML and Rear Seat System.

SAT radio WAS NOT included. XM was an option but Sirius was off the table for now (a bummer for me as I have a Sirius lifetime subscription)

Pushbutton ignotion is NOT an option, but is much more of a gimmick for me. I have experienved many a valet who had no idea what do do with mine in my SL500.

Overall this car seems the ideal replacement for my '05 Grand Cherokee.

I previously owned a LX450 (rarely driven) and now own a Land Cruiser for our "big hauls" (family of 6) but I think everyone in the house will fight over friving the RX now!

Sales experience was A+! MUCH easier than dealing with BMW, Mercedes, or other lux marquees.

Was able to get it below MSRP as it was the end of the month and hadn't actually expected them to find a car for me until the end of Oct.

They hired an outside agency to get my plates, regs, inspections, etc in NYS as MA has a hairbrained DMV.

Overall if things go well, I am going to reccomend that our company replace our fleet cars for executives from Jags and Benzes to the LS400h L. I saw pictures of it and it looks to be VERY impressive!

Wow - a Grand Cherokee to an RX400h. Now THAT'S a major change. I work for a company of approx. 40 full-time employees and two of us own RX400hs! The CEO drives an LS430 (2005), claiming he's had it with BMW and Mercedes poor reliability. The only thing I would change about the RX is the front seat. I guess I am spoiled by the comfort of the "Sport seat" option in my Corvette - great lumbar and lateral support. I wish there were an option like this with the RX, but I guess nothing is perfect.

Anyway, welcome to the group and enjoy the "green" side of the fence!

Dave

The only thing I would change about the RX is the front seat. I guess I am spoiled by the comfort of the "Sport seat" option in my Corvette - great lumbar and lateral support. I wish there were an option like this with the RX, but I guess nothing is perfect.

My previous car was Toyota Supra. It had very nice seats with great lateral support. You needed it in that car... not so much in the RX, unfortunately.

But I agree. I would also like to have more lateral support in the RX. And I would like to have more NEED for lateral support in the RX

Some afermarket sway bars and seats should do the trick. Hint. Hint.

Yeah, an optional "Sport Seat" package would help some of us "older" folks (over 40) with our occasional sore backs! The handling of the 400h is really not too bad; the weak link while taking "agressive" corners is the lack of lateral support.

Of course, this is not required when my family is in the car.......... ;)