Forum Restructuring Underway

SW03ES

Hey everybody.

As you've undoubtedly noticed we're in the process of restructuring the forum layout at the LOC. Eventually every model forum will have a subforum for the latest redesign, and a subforum for all previous generations of the vehicle.

As Steve gets the forums set up, the managers and moderators are moving threads where they need to go. At first only the first few months of posts will be moved, but eventually all the posts in every forum will be sorted and moved to their respective forums. With tens of thousands of threads on this site, you can imagine this is an enormous job and may take some time. In forums where you see the new subforums have been created, please post in them according to the generation vehicle you are discussing.

Thanks, any questions please post em here.

-Steve

• 3 weeks later...

In regards to the GS forums. When I open the GS forum there is only one subforum and it is for the gen 2 cars. There is no subforum for the 06+.

Please check this out. Thanks

In regards to the GS forums. When I open the GS forum there is only one subforum and it is for the gen 2 cars. There is no subforum for the 06+.

Please check this out. Thanks

Disregard. Im an idiot. I wrote this then went there again, and it was there!

:huh:

• 3 months later...

If you go to the 06+ subforum all the 06 info is there.

When you open the GS forum you have two subforum choices at the top of the screen.

I am having the same problem - no '06+ GS forum is showing up. Even on the drop down menu on the side there is only the 93-05 forum listed. Under all the other models there is a pick for the current models. What am I missing??

The forum is absolutely there, and people post in it consistently.

This is the main GS forums page:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showforum=1

As you can see there are clearly two subforums.

We'll make sure that there isn't some sort of weird permission turned on denying some people from accessing that forum, but I don't see how.

• 2 months later...

I just bought a 01 LS430 and found this forum.

Just wondering why the LS430 is combined with the LS400 (no offense to LS400 owners ;),

but the 430 is quite a bit different from the 400.

Is it because there aren't many 430 owners subscribed to this forum?

or something else?

tia,

mike

Hey there guys, I actually have a few things I wanted to touch on. So, I'll try to be brief and to the point. Of course this is also only if these things are even open to discussion.

First of all, I think you guys are doing a great job with the forum restructuring. I am actually hoping there will be much more to come.

Is there a way to shorten the route I have to go thru to get where I go most? Say where "my ablum" "my controls" etc... could you put a " My Posts" ? I like to visit alot of threads and sometimes I lose track. So this place would keep track of all the threads I have posted a reply in. If I could have them all in one place I could then cruise them and check in on them to see whats new if anything.

I am new to this web site, so if this already exsists and I just havent found it, then pardon my dumb a$$ and if you could show it to me would really help. :geek:

Next, is there a way to maybe clean up all the old 1 or 2 post threads that have been obviously abandoned? It's not really a problem except that it makes paging thru the posts alot longer.

And, is there a way to offer different skins and formats for appearances? again, not really a problem, I just thought if you guys are workin on this restructuring thing now would be a time to ask.

A few more smiley face options would be really cool to. :rolleyes:

Anyway, it's nice knowing you guys are working on things. Nothing is easy, so I'm sure this has been a real pain in the @$$ !

Thanks again. :D

Is there a way to shorten the route I have to go thru to get where I go most? Say where "my ablum" "my controls" etc... could you put a " My Posts" ? I like to visit alot of threads and sometimes I lose track. So this place would keep track of all the threads I have posted a reply in. If I could have them all in one place I could then cruise them and check in on them to see whats new if anything.

The forum should do this. if you go to your profile it should show all the threads you've subscribed to. All you have to do is subscribe to a thread and it will be accessable through your profile.

Next, is there a way to maybe clean up all the old 1 or 2 post threads that have been obviously abandoned? It's not really a problem except that it makes paging thru the posts alot longer.

Unfortunately not really. The board over time becomes a database of information that is searchable, we can't go in and delete things just because they're short. Plus the man hours involved in doing this are considerable. All the managers and moderators are volunteers, and we try not to ask them to do too many horribly painfully boring things to keep them around ;)

And, is there a way to offer different skins and formats for appearances? again, not really a problem, I just thought if you guys are workin on this restructuring thing now would be a time to ask.

I believe this is possible, and on the way.

• 3 weeks later...

Love the forum! I've learned a great deal and appreciate everyone's hard work to keep it up to date and on track.

I have a suggestion , based on the other 4 forums I follow for each of my other cars. They each have a Message Preview Window that opens when you slide your mouse over each thread topic. It gives the first paragraph of the posting made by the person who started the thread, thereby giving the reader more information than is allowed by the thread title, and effectively gives the reader more of an idea of the direction the thread is going. You can very quickly decide whether or not you should open the thread and read further, or skip the topic and continue scanning the rest of the forum. I'm sure you'll know what I'm referring to, and if not, check out TwinTurbo.net, or ultimatesubaru.org., www2.mgcars.org.uk This feature really makes a forum easier and less frustrating to use.

Many thanks!

• 5 weeks later...