Motor Mount Diagnosis After Replacing Front And Top...

azmalu

Yesterday my mechanic replaced front and top (dogbone) mount. I was already concerned when I saw the job because top mount still wasnt centered so I had a feeling it will fall apart soon again. The only reason I thought it was okay is because car was silent in idle. This morning was fine then at lunch I just started hearing noise and feeling some vibrations(not Marky Marky Good Vibrations either) from front left. Inspected mount and it seems likes its moving. He mentioned taking off old was easy but for the new he had to wedge rod behind engine to move it forward enough for it to fit.

Keep in mind I wrecked this in 2003 and had to replace the whole front clip. but no noise and vibration issues till the last month or two. He said bottom mount is a pain to get to but I will try and check it out tonight. Before I throw more money into replacing that one too should I bich at mechanic about not doing job right? will post pic of new top mount installed when I get home.

1 hour and half labor for this job at $90 Reasonable or closer to rape?

it easily explainable, you have bigger problems or its the wrong torque rod. since the car sounds like it was in a serious accident i'd got with bigger problems. if the sub frame is bent or moved back then the engine would be moved slightly back as well causing this. this is best case...worst case, the actual unibody frame, that the sub frame bolts to, is still bent, improperly repaired/replaced causing the engine to be slightly moved back towards the firewall.

my car does this wierd clunk! everytime i put it in any gear after a start up. it clunks when i drive off... in reverse and in forward gears. someone suggested the dog bone is bad. sound like thats my prob also? sorry if i high jacked for a second man.

my car does this wierd clunk! everytime i put it in any gear after a start up. it clunks when i drive off... in reverse and in forward gears. someone suggested the dog bone is bad. sound like thats my prob also? sorry if i high jacked for a second man.

may not be your mount, it may be the way you park. do you apply the e-brake before you put it in park? if not try this. When you come to a stop, apply the e-brake, THEN put the car in park. When you go to leave, step on the brake, put the car in drive and THEN release the e-brake and see if the clunk goes away.

steviej

may not be your mount, it may be the way you park. do you apply the e-brake before you put it in park? if not try this. When you come to a stop, apply the e-brake, THEN put the car in park. When you go to leave, step on the brake, put the car in drive and THEN release the e-brake and see if the clunk goes away.

steviej

already been there and done that. i have done that with every car ive ever owned since i was 16.... im 26 now! haha! its the wierdest thing. to be more prec. to what it sounds like its this.

i start the car. put it in reverse. back out of drive way. put it in d4. speed to about 5-10 mph.... and you hear a "CLUNK" that sounds like a scraping almost. lots of bass to it. it will do it in reverse if you go fast enough also. wierest thing is it wont do it again till you park, shut the car off for at least 10-20 minutes, start.... and it does it again! makes no sense. i think it might have something to do with the front brakes because if you brake at the same time as the "clunk", it feels like the scrapy pedal feel, kinda like the traction kicks in a little. am i nuts or what!!?!?! im so lost for this!

toys you dont see how what could happen? I know should have all 3 done at once but this weekend had to spend 200 bucks on o2 sensors and intake manifold(front sensor would not come out) ...........

if hood is up and sitting in driver seat you can see that sheet jump.. but not as noticable when looking from the front.

.dealer is about 75 for that mount ...whats good place online for it? Also will have mechanic check timing belt that was last done at 90k..Should I just buy belt from park place lexus? or aftermarket from autozone checker pep boys etc

my dad has ls with 325k wthat he bought at 175k and he still hasnt done it.....whats the longest yall have gone after 1st replacement?