Gx470 2007 Special Order/pricing (merged)

sacfan

According to the dealer, who I think is just trying to sell me a 2006 he has on the lot, I cannot special order a 2007 with Navigation without also purchasing the 3rd row seat. I want the navigation but definitely have no need for the 3rd seat and don't want to pay for it. Have others heard of this, or is it a bunch of hogwash. He supposedly confirmed this piece of information with two other individuals at the dealership.

Thanks.

With the 2007 GX470's flooding the dealer lots at the end of September, it seems like the time is probably right for buying a 2006. Is it unrealistic to expect to buy a 2006 at invoice, or $250-500 over invoice? Especially since they all have options that I really don't want?

Depending on the markup over invoice, I probably would prefer to special order a 2007 with Navigation but without other options. I don't want the 3rd row seat, Lexus Link, Entertainment System, or towing package. How much over invoice can I expect to pay to special order a 2007? I am willing to purchase the vehicle from anywhere in Northern California and I can wait up to 4 months for delivery, without a problem.

I'm thinking that a special order 2007 with only the desired options may well end of costing the same as or less than the standard 2006 sitting on the dealer's lot now with options that I don't want, even after end of year pricing.

All thoughts will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Just 3 weeks ago i was able to buy my 2006 GX in MA for 400 dollars under invoice. Third row seat , Spoiler, wiring harnass + DVD Navigation system with the Mark Levinson sound system all for $46,300. I still think i could have gotten this GX for 46000 round. But hey i got Simonized and free all season floor mats for free with this.

Think i did good for dealing with a New England Dealer. And i got my color i wanted, black :cheers:

According to the dealer, who I think is just trying to sell me a 2006 he has on the lot, I cannot special order a 2007 with Navigation without also purchasing the 3rd row seat. I want the navigation but definitely have no need for the 3rd seat and don't want to pay for it. Have others heard of this, or is it a bunch of hogwash. He supposedly confirmed this piece of information with two other individuals at the dealership.

Thanks.

Unless the dealer can locate one like you want and it is allocated to another dealer, they can usually do a swap at the port. Otherwise the dealer will have to place a special order. But many dealers don't like to place special orders since it takes from 2-4 months to get the vehicle. They always like to push the iron they have in stock or incoming in the very near future. You also usually will not get as great of a price on a special order.

I offered $400 under invoice for the 2006 on the lot, the dealer countered with invoice, I countered at $300 under invoice, the dealer said invoice was his final offer. When I ran the numbers for a special order, it's significantly cheaper, or at least no more expensive, for me to special order a 2007 with exactly what I want and don't want, even after tacking on an additional $500 - $1000 over invoice. My wife isn't thrilled to have to wait (it's her car) but this gets us exactly what we want and lots of dealers in NCAL to negotiate with solely over price.

How much over invoice have others payed for special orders, for 2007 or for prior years?

Thanks.

Just take out the 3rd row seats, thats why alot of people do. The rear AC that comes with the 3rd row seats are nice to have. The 3rd seat will also add re-sale value.

There are people that want the tonneau cover though, to cover up their belongings in the trunk. ;) Not possible if you have third row.

wow, Astrekapolis, you got a great deal

Yeah that's what i thought. I started out with the towing hitch receiver getting installed but for that they wanted 47300. So i just said he will get incentives of 2% and special 2006 bonus from Lexus manufacture so to make his life easier i will buy this car without the the hitch receiver for 46300 and he accepted.

Now i'm buying the lexus hitch receiver for around 300 bucks and will install this one myself in my garage. ;)

So my advise to SACFAN, either you do a 2007 special order which you can not negotiate a lot with, wait 3 to 4 months delivery or just buy now the 2006 GX and take the extra's that comes with it and be a fast happy driver. Dealers want to get rid of their 2006 now and i just put a lot of cash down and had the rest financed independant which means they had hard cash immidiately. Did you try another dealership?

Ofcourse 2007 has integrated ipod connection and 5th generation dvd navigation system if you find that important and want to pay a couple of 1000's bucks extra, i would say go ahead with that.

I just like for the money i save with the 2006 model buy the extra's , like the front end nose mask, blue lock pick and hitch receiver. It is also handy when the 2009 new model is coming out in 2008 that i can with all these extra's do a better second hand sale for almost no loss and drive in the mean time this wonderfull automobile for several years with only gasoline as expense and then buy the new model ofcourse in september 2009 :)