Beeping On Turning

black_beauty

Did anybody experience your Lexus beeping when it turns on corners? I have a 2000 Lexus 300 bought used. Not sure if this is normal. If it is, what does it means? Thanks!

what kind of beeping? horn beeping, door open beeping, unlocking door beeping.

help us out here.

steviej

i donno if its acutal beeping, but i do notice that when turning the steering wheel, for example when turning the wheel to parking into a parking spot, i hear a soft squeak coming from the steering wheel/column area.

could it have something to do with the cold temps in the morning?

spray on white lithium grease will be your friend.

every toyota vehicle built on the camry platform does this. at the bottom of the steering column, right where it goes through the rubber boot, is where you need to lubricate it. push the boot back slightly and while turning the steering wheel spray the grease between the shaft and the rubber boot. keep a towel handy so you don't get any grease on the floor.

could it be some sort of VSC beeping? i just watched the videos someone posted in the general forum of their day during the lexus test drive, and i noticed that when he drove fast in the RX and SC, and drove fast on turns, the car beeps! idk if it's the same beep black_beauty is talking about. :blink:

could it be some sort of VSC beeping? i just watched the videos someone posted in the general forum of their day during the lexus test drive, and i noticed that when he drove fast in the RX and SC, and drove fast on turns, the car beeps! idk if it's the same beep black_beauty is talking about. :blink:

yes the vsc will beep if you get the car too turned around, but i highly doubt the vsc would be kicking in while he's parking. :whistles:

yes the vsc will beep if you get the car too turned around, but i highly doubt the vsc would be kicking in while he's parking.:whistles:

Well I was talking about the answer to the first post/question. We kinda side-tracked with andrecat112's question on beeping when he was parking, which I THINK is a different thing from the beeping in the first post. ;)

cool...btw, its fun when you actually get the car out far enough to *BLEEP* the vsc to the point it beeps :D

hello, i have a 04 es which i get beeps in slippery conditions when i turn. i think its from the traction control, its kinda strange i only get at certain times and hard to pinpoint the cause. i dont think its anything serious, didnt read the whole thread yet, just out the door and read this a little bit .

take care

timothy

hello, i have a 04 es which i get beeps in slippery conditions when i turn. i think its from the traction control, its kinda strange i only get at certain times and hard to pinpoint the cause. i dont think its anything serious, didnt read the whole thread yet, just out the door and read this a little bit .

take care

timothy

tim, does your beeping accompany the yellow light of a car with squiggley lines under it. If so that is the VSC indicator light....it has an audio warning to it too.

I think the beeping we are discussing is different.

steviej

take care

timothy

tim, does your beeping accompany the yellow light of a car with squiggley lines under it. If so that is the VSC indicator light....it has an audio warning to it too.

I think the beeping we are discussing is different.

steviej

I would have to say that is correct. I have not had this happen since I had new tires installed. sorry the reply took so long.

Timothy

• 12 years later...

The beeping I have is more of an alarm and is happening when I'm taking curves. Sometimes switching lanes and I've noticed if the steering wheel stays farther right/left than a certain point it will continue to beep until I am able to somehow adjust the wheel.  There are some parts of my local highway system that I drive where the beep is continuous because there is no way to move the steering wheel in the opposite direction to get the beep to stop.  Also the steering wheel itself seems "loose".  I'm not sure if that is contributing or not.  2002 Lexus RX300.  I have been unsuccessful in figuring out what is going on. Personal replies to email would be great.  mscandy4@hotmail.com since I'm not sure I can find my way back here.