This Is The Reason Why I Am Leaving Mb And Buying A Ls

HobokenGuy

Read it and prepare to shake your head.

Included in this attachment is the service history for my disasterous S500 Benz, as well as its recent shop visit last week. This has gone from frustrating to downright comical.

What are the dealers discounting the 06 LS 430 models? I found a green one that I'm sure they'd probably give away.

I look forward to becoming a member of this family very soon!

MBBB.pdf

Good lord dude...

Welcome to Lexus, I hope you never have to deal with that crap again...and with a Lexus you most likely wont.

I just cant believe the number of things that went wrong with that s500 in a few years. My beater 1992 Taurus doesnt have a list that long.

Get yourself that 430 and find out what it feels like to just change your oil and add gas and feel good knowing that you wont be stuck anywhere or have to take it in every 3 weeks....and you'll spend less on gas too!

Welcome to the peaceful world that is Lexus.

good lord, indeed!

I am so glad that I was able to rid off the mercedes "itches" ocurred when I was still 30 someting! I thought I was just having bad luck with couple of S-class, but looks like lots of brand spanking new MB having issues from day 1! :angry:

I switched from MB to Lex over 4-year ago, and couldn't be happier. in fact, I just took deliver of a low-mile 02 LS430 (my 5th lex in 4-years) this morning and it drives like a brand new car fresh from factory, all gadgets are working like a champ! :D

run fast to Lex dealer, you will never regret that!

Oh HobokenGuy, you've done it now. :chairshot: Now you'll have to drive the SAME car, day in and day out, and service trips to the dealer will be incredibly dull! "Gee Mr. HobokenGuy, you need an oil change! May we wash it too?" That's probably all you'll ever hear. When I drove a benz, it was so exciting to stop off at the dealer, see all those familar faces, and get served my favorite coffee. I always had a new, different loan car to drive (I put 10,000 miles on loan cars in 2004). Why would you want to put miles on your own car when you can use theirs? I even got to ride in another customer's car once. The service guy was trying to show me that "they all do that" for a particular problem, and he went and got a customer's car out of the shop and said "drive this one...see, it does it too!" With the car in the shop, I waited by the phone with eagerness to hear what new doo-dad had failed, or what major part needed replacing, and we had bets at the office what the final bill would be. What drama you'll now be missing! Oh, and you'll also have to figure out what to do with the extra money in your pocket. When I get the Lexus serviced, I invariably stomp back into the shop and insist that they undercharged me. Those routine $1200 benz service bills? Forget 'em.

I've been addicted to Mercedes for years, and have had many happy miles in some of the 80s models and an early 90s model. But sadly Mercedes isn't in that league now. I was tire-kicking Lexus a little over a year ago (thus the "looker" in my name), and the guys here as well as the car itself won me over. I've seen some of your posts on the MB site. We won't be calling you a bozo here. Welcome, and good luck with the purchase!

Looker,

t\Thanks for the kind words! on BenzWorld, I am the "loser" Benz owner, and all of those owners are in such denial that they paid too much for an inferior car, and they are none too pleased when anyone questions the build quality or reliability.

As far as the loaner cars go...I LOVE racking the miles up on those ML's. Since I drive to Philly almost every weekend, I was more than pleased to use a brand new SUV for that trek.

After work today, I am going to take a look at that 2006 LS. The salesman seemed as if there was going to be a commission bonus to whomever sells the leftover, so I will be more than happy to take it off their hands. I just hope I can tolerate that funky green.

Oh HobokenGuy, you've done it now. :chairshot: Now you'll have to drive the SAME car, day in and day out, and service trips to the dealer will be incredibly dull! "Gee Mr. HobokenGuy, you need an oil change! May we wash it too?" That's probably all you'll ever hear. When I drove a benz, it was so exciting to stop off at the dealer, see all those familar faces, and get served my favorite coffee. I always had a new, different loan car to drive (I put 10,000 miles on loan cars in 2004). Why would you want to put miles on your own car when you can use theirs? I even got to ride in another customer's car once. The service guy was trying to show me that "they all do that" for a particular problem, and he went and got a customer's car out of the shop and said "drive this one...see, it does it too!" With the car in the shop, I waited by the phone with eagerness to hear what new doo-dad had failed, or what major part needed replacing, and we had bets at the office what the final bill would be. What drama you'll now be missing! Oh, and you'll also have to figure out what to do with the extra money in your pocket. When I get the Lexus serviced, I invariably stomp back into the shop and insist that they undercharged me. Those routine $1200 benz service bills? Forget 'em.

I've been addicted to Mercedes for years, and have had many happy miles in some of the 80s models and an early 90s model. But sadly Mercedes isn't in that league now. I was tire-kicking Lexus a little over a year ago (thus the "looker" in my name), and the guys here as well as the car itself won me over. I've seen some of your posts on the MB site. We won't be calling you a bozo here. Welcome, and good luck with the purchase!

Hoboken, I'm officially declaring your nickname to be "BenzBroken".

You'll be just fine with the green color. The real pleasure weight about the Lexus line isn't what it looks like on the outside, but that big ole' grin on your face while you're on the inside, going 80 mph. :cheers:

Yes "BenzBroken"...or "BrokeBackBenz" lol..I have owned several Benzes and the early ones were great and it seems like about the time they merged with Chrysler, or just before, all went downhill...You will never look back as many of us have said..and many more to come will say....Good Luck!!

it seems that you have eyed the 06 LS430 only. 07 LS460/460L debuts on Oct/20, are you sure you don't want a LS460?

according the brochure I picked up from a local lex dealer this morning, it comes with these standard equipments (base trim): 4.6L V8, 380hp, 8-speed tranny, smart access/push button Start, eletrical parking brake, 10-speakers premium sound, 18-in wheels, dual-swivel adaptive front lights.

Funky green? If it was the Cypress Pearl I remember it as being quite distinctive. Also it will be less likely to attract drivers of the black and white (and flashing lights) variety... :whistles:

it seems that you have eyed the 06 LS430 only. 07 LS460/460L debuts on Oct/20, are you sure you don't want a LS460?

according the brochure I picked up from a local lex dealer this morning, it comes with these standard equipments (base trim): 4.6L V8, 380hp, 8-speed tranny, smart access/push button Start, eletrical parking brake, 10-speakers premium sound, 18-in wheels, dual-swivel adaptive front lights.

If you can make it down to DC the Taste of Lexus event down there is in early October you can sample the LS460. Nobody seems to be able to get a handle on price, but seemingly it's going to be around 6-8k more than the base 430.

What options are on the green contender?

..........Nobody seems to be able to get a handle on price, but seemingly it's going to be around 6-8k more than the base 430.

even the 6k~8k extra will still make it less pricey than comparable s-class, plus you are getting a heck of car with super reliability, AND you can sleep very well knowing it worth every penny you spend. no more nightmares of owning a $80K junk....

Wow thats an impressive list. I always thought that generation s-class was gorgeous. Especially the 03-06 models. Too bad MB sucks. Your really gonna love the LS430/460. The LS is the most reliable car in the world, and thats not an opinion, its fact, backed up by numerous studies and surveys. Welcome.

Read it and prepare to shake your head.

Included in this attachment is the service history for my disasterous S500 Benz, as well as its recent shop visit last week. This has gone from frustrating to downright comical.

There is plenty of head shaking to go around for everyone! LOL Benz, well, it seems like their cars are hit or miss. This one obviously missed, missed big. No auto manufacturer is perfect, but shame on them for not buying this car back a long time ago. As for the guys that serviced the car, it seems like after replacing control arms and what not numerous times, enough to collect a repair history 6 pages in length, you'd think they would think they would stop and say, hmmmm, let's see why this keeps happening because this obviously isn't normal? Well, I guess only in a perfect world!

Have you pursued lemon laws yet? I'd bet that every lawyer in America goes home and prays for a piece of citrus like this one to fall in to their lap the next morning...

Funky green? If it was the Cypress Pearl I remember it as being quite distinctive. Also it will be less likely to attract drivers of the black and white (and flashing lights) variety...:whistles:
I agree; cypress is one of my favorite colors! B)

Ok, the green is not doing it for me. I kept looking at it and my business partner (who is beyond !Removed! and has great taste) said in his most sissy voice ever..." I can't see a 6'5" 310 pound guido in a green car...I just can't...I mean, you are going to have to get all new track suits to match that color"!!! So, with that being said, I was walking around, and I found an 06 LX470 that was a demo for 58,900, and I kinda fell in love with it.

The salesman told me if I wanted a silver 2006 LS, he knows where he could get one, and to give him a few days to work on it...so he's getting a few days, and if he can't produce a silver LS, I think I might pull the trigger on that LX.

As far as the MB dealership is concerned, I had to dump Manhattan MB because those clowns don't have a clue when it comes to fixing a car (big suprise being that Manhattan is owned by MBUSA, and not an individual owner). I've been taking this sled up to another dealer 20 miles from my house, and they give me a loaner, no questions asked.

Lastly, I have retained council and my attorney is trying to figure out if I can try to get full price back...or at least close to it. Owning this car is like being married to a very beautiful woman...super easy on the eyes, but Christ it will keep you in the poor house!

Get the silver LS, or have them find you another color that you like (flint mica is beautiful). The LX is nice, but it's an outdated design. But, ultimately, either way you're going to be MUCH happier than you were with your S-Class!

Be sure and post pictures once you get it! :)

Ok, the green is not doing it for me. I kept looking at it and my business partner (who is beyond !Removed! and has great taste) said in his most sissy voice ever..." I can't see a 6'5" 310 pound guido in a green car...I just can't...I mean, you are going to have to get all new track suits to match that color"!!!

Well maybe in California we are more color tolerant :) . The first gen cars had a lighter green that was a little weird (that I didn't care for). I searched for silver too, so I can't really squawk too loudly but the cypress pearl is still nice. I agree the Flint Mica is very sharp....kind of like the Mercedes Charcoal but not quite as dark.

So, with that being said, I was walking around, and I found an 06 LX470 that was a demo for 58,900, and I kinda fell in love with it.

The LX is a great truck but it's getting dated; the basic design dates from '98. Apparently the rumoured JX variant of the Tundra/Sequoia was cancelled so the LX will continue as the top tier truck and it will share the next Land Cruiser's mechanicals. I think the update is due in 07/08. If you are in that market however I think only the Range Rover can really give it a run for its money....but then you would REALLY be in service hell. :)

I would vote for the LS. The LS has always been the standard bearer for Lexus, so go for the gold.

Lastly, I have retained council and my attorney is trying to figure out if I can try to get full price back...or at least close to it.

Trade it for the LS/LX and just MOVE ON. Life is too short.

The comments below should be forwarded to the MB R&D area in Bavaria. C

Ok, the green is not doing it for me. I kept looking at it and my business partner (who is beyond !Removed! and has great taste) said in his most sissy voice ever..." I can't see a 6'5" 310 pound guido in a green car...I just can't...I mean, you are going to have to get all new track suits to match that color"!!!

Well duh, get him to tell you what color goes with your current track suits!! Or maybe you need a serious !Removed! Eye for the New Lex Guy session. But seriously, make sure you can fit in OK at 6' 5". The 430s are bigger than the 400s inside, but some posters (Blake for one I think) wishes he had more room in his 400. Guido? Black with black interior. Also, I think the LX is kinda pokey - underpowered - and a tough transition from an S class. Oops, you were in ML class loaners - the new one drives / rides pretty well compared to an LX. I only got C class loaners. I guess because I'm a runt instead of a guido.

Well duh, get him to tell you what color goes with your current track suits!! Or maybe you need a serious !Removed! Eye for the New Lex Guy session. But seriously, make sure you can fit in OK at 6' 5". The 430s are bigger than the 400s inside, but some posters (Blake for one I think) wishes he had more room in his 400. Guido? Black with black interior. Also, I think the LX is kinda pokey - underpowered - and a tough transition from an S class. Oops, you were in ML class loaners - the new one drives / rides pretty well compared to an LX. I only got C class loaners. I guess because I'm a runt instead of a guido.
Well put, James! ;) My heart skipped a beat when Hoboken said that he's 6'5 and wants a LS! haha The LS430 is slightly more accomidating than the 400-just slightly, and it's mostly in the headroom because the 430 is taller than the 400. I'd be sure to take it on a good 30+ minute test drive to give your right leg an oppertunity to cramp up or not...hopefully! I agree about the LX, it is ancient, over priced, and underpowered, but be that as it may, it is still stunningly attractive to my eye. B)

Looker,

t\Thanks for the kind words! on BenzWorld, I am the "loser" Benz owner, and all of those owners are in such denial that they paid too much for an inferior car, and they are none too pleased when anyone questions the build quality or reliability.

In all fairness they're all happy with their cars, the same thing happens here. Most owners are super happy with their cars, and everybody gets defensive when someone comes around and basically insults their purchase by being angry at their vehicle.

You've got the absolutely worst year for the S class reliability wise, but I know people with newer ones that have been 100% problem free. One team in my office has two, a 2002 S430 and a 2003 S500, both have a lot of miles, no problems.

After work today, I am going to take a look at that 2006 LS. The salesman seemed as if there was going to be a commission bonus to whomever sells the leftover, so I will be more than happy to take it off their hands. I just hope I can tolerate that funky green.

I actually really like the Cypress Pearl (thats the name of the green). I'd get that myself but the issue is the fact that it basically only comes with a tan interior, which I don't like.

I'm with the others, the LX is outdated. I'd do the LS personally.

I like the Cypress Green too. I have the older tan interior, and it's OK, but a little dated. The newer tan isn't so brown/red/yellow.

I agree that quality has improved some on the benzes. My dad has an '04 and it's been pretty flawless for about 35K miles. And 2000 for the S was definitely dismal. But there's something about the way a benz goes down the road - the way it connects with the road - that is wonderful. Lexus is about the only car I've driven that seems to come close to that. I wonder how the Chrysler 300 / Dodge Magnum / etc. with the older E class-derived suspension drives. And the 5 liter V-8 is pure pleasure, even though it's not as refined as our Toyo engine. All that said, as I was driving home from work last night, on the side of the road was a new body style S-class with paper plates on it. Nobody around, no flashers going, nothin'. Dead. It could have run out of gas, or been stolen, or anything.

SO!! HOBOKENGUY!! Have you driven one yet?? Inquiring minds...

i was looking in a Car And Driver recently and saw a story about a $1.4M AMG CLK with 4, yes four whole miles on the clock that was a dud. one of a few ever made that was fully pimped by AMG... body kit, serious motor, the works. the owner bought it drove home and it sat for a little while, i think a year or two, then started it up to no avail. but here's the really good part... he calls to get it serviced, so MB send some "master tech" straight from Germany personally to the guy's house. the "master tech" opens the hood, checks some things out, REMOVES SOME PARTS, goes back to Germany and is never heard form again. MBUSA doesn't know anything about it, and some poor guy has $1.4M worth of lemon to sell. my version of the story may not be complete but the essence is there. check out the CD with the $4M Enzo in it, it the one or two months old.

I must admit I really like the looks of the S500/600 cars as well as the BMW 740/745/750 series. BUT, after owning a Lexus and hearing horror stories on those cars, I will remain happy with what I got.