Wheel Questions

MJThompson

Hey guys I have a black 93 SC300 and I was going to go for the black on black look. I was wondering if anyonf you guys have tried this and if so what wheels/tires did you take. And Also if yall have any suggestions for wheels.

Thanks!

PS. Also what it a good size to start out with I'm thinking 18's or 19's.

Hey guys I have a black 93 SC300 and I was going to go for the black on black look. I was wondering if anyonf you guys have tried this and if so what wheels/tires did you take. And Also if yall have any suggestions for wheels.

Thanks!

PS. Also what it a good size to start out with I'm thinking 18's or 19's.

I just recently put on some 19 inch wheels and i think thats the perfect size for the SC.

check out my thread on wheels and tire section i have more info.

Well, since no one else has replied, heres a try. You can check www.cardomain.com

They have some pictures of quite a few sc300s and 400s there and I remember seeing some with black rims. It should say what brand and size on the specs in their pages. I don't have black rims, but I have 17" rims and that is plenty for me; you may be different. For every inch you go up in rim size, add 20mm to the width of the tire and subtract 10% from the aspect ratio. Or, you could use the following formula for other sizes if you still want your speedometer to stay accurate:

x = new rim size, y = new aspect ratio, z = tire width in mm.

y = (653.9 - 25.4x)/2z

If you want to solve for the aspect ratio instead, swap the y and the z. Its important to note, though, that the formula may give you sizes that aren't in production.

BTW, tire markings are as follows for example: 225/55/16 (size originally on the car) means the tire tread is 225 mm wide and the height is 55% as wide as the tire. Obviously 16 means it goes on a 16 inch wheel. Hope that helps.