2007 Is250 And Is350 Nav Can't Unlock

I wish I did. Just got my '07 IS250 last weekend - no luck here either. If anyone with an '06 model is reading this - can you describe the buttons (if any) that showed up where you tapped? I'm wondering if they simply moved this menu elsewhere (and I'd like to try to find it). For that matter, how did that original override get discovered? Was it trial-and-error, or is there a manual?

• 7 months later...
I wish I did. Just got my '07 IS250 last weekend - no luck here either. If anyone with an '06 model is reading this - can you describe the buttons (if any) that showed up where you tapped? I'm wondering if they simply moved this menu elsewhere (and I'd like to try to find it). For that matter, how did that original override get discovered? Was it trial-and-error, or is there a manual?

Try this it worked for my 06 until my CD upgrade.

menu - Volume- touch the uppper left side of the screen, the lower left, upper left, the lower left again and a menu window pops up. hold the override button until it changes color.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys!

Has anyone had any luck finding out what the change is on the IS250 and IS350 for unlocking the Nav for inputting address and phone numbers while driving. The 2006 routine does not work.

Why not keep your eye on the road and push the "talk" switch on the steering wheel and say "dial by number" or "address"? I've never mastered the ability to drive without looking at the road, have you?

I've never mastered the ability to drive without looking at the road, have you?

:angry:

Obviously you don't want to go fast!

"You don't drive with your eyes...you gotta feel the road" - Reese Bobby "Talladega Nights"

Sure, I do. That's why I'm a pilot.

I have Sprint Voice Command at a cost of $5.00 per month (well worth it). I entered access to Voice Command on the number 1 speed dial. Now, all I do is press the telephone switch on the steering wheel and the speed dial appears on the nav system. I touch Speed Dial #1 and hear a "bong" tone from Sprint. That gains me access to over 400 numbers on Sprint voice Command that are all accessed by voice. For example, "Call Bill at home." or "Call Bill on the cell phone" and it dials the number.

New names and numbers are added or changed over the internet from home, office or laptop. When I changed from my BMW to my Lexus IS 250 AWD, I didn't have to do anything but program the #1 speed dial number. Sure beats having to enter all of these numbers into the car. And, when I take my cellphone out of my car, I still have access to Voice Command dialing. I swear by it. Also, when I purchased a new cellphone, Voice Command was there ready to use.

Great convenience.

I have NO interest in Sprint - no stock and no employment there. Just really like the Voice Command feature.

Last week I paid a service to come out and unlock my phone and DVD for use while driving. While the person was here working on my car they showed me how to use the voice command to input addresses while driving, by street, number, and city. I asked them if they would be able to unlock my Nav but that was not an available option.