10k Checkup At Toyota Dealer.

darrellk

I had my 06 GX470 5000 mile checkup done at the Lexus dealer because it was free. However, the Lexus dealer is 125 miles away. Has anyone had the later checkups done at a Toyota dealer? We have a Toyota dealer 7 miles away and it would be a lot easier for me to have my routine service done there. I just wonder if they will follow the Lexus service manual or just "wing" it.

Regards

Darrell

I just had the 10K checkup done at the local Toyota dealer. Toyota oil, filter, rotate tires and general check.

$28.00

What I've been told is that we can do ALL services at any Toyota dealer, except warranty issues (clunk, vibration, etc...) so if it's just an oil change or a 30k checkup, I think you're ok at the Toyota dealer.

No problem. BUT remember this is what i think. There's is a possibility that certain Toyota dealerships MIGHT not do Lexus services so I would check with your local Toyota dealer first before you plan your future services in advance thinking that they will do it. ;)

What about other then Toyota dealers, or for that matter - other mechanical shops - could we do oil changes there or would it void Lexus Warranty?

Well you can, but if something breaks, that particular thing won't be covered under warranty,