Front Fender Protection

Hello all - new user. I'm just about to buy a 2007 IS350 (Luxury Package w/18" rims) and have a problem with the front of the car rubbing as I start up my steep driveway. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to minimize the scraping of the paint everytime I drive up/down my driveway. Is there some kind of protective strip of material that I can put on the car without distracting from the looks of the car?

I spoke with the parts department at my Lexus Dealership and they stated that you could replace the front spoiler periodically. He stated that the parts come painted and they're $150 each for the left and right side (for a total of $300). He stated you would need to take off the entire front bumber first though, which is not trivial.

Any other suggestions??

As far as I know, the OEM front lip is one-piece, not two, but it is replaceable but you don't need to remove the entire bumper to replace it, just replace nine bolts that are holding it.

The only thing you can do to avoid the rubbing is to enter or get off the drive way in a steep angle as many other drivers do who have a lowered suspension. That's it....

Hello all - new user. I'm just about to buy a 2007 IS350 (Luxury Package w/18" rims) and have a problem with the front of the car rubbing as I start up my steep driveway. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to minimize the scraping of the paint everytime I drive up/down my driveway. Is there some kind of protective strip of material that I can put on the car without distracting from the looks of the car?

I spoke with the parts department at my Lexus Dealership and they stated that you could replace the front spoiler periodically. He stated that the parts come painted and they're $150 each for the left and right side (for a total of $300). He stated you would need to take off the entire front bumber first though, which is not trivial.

Any other suggestions??

reverse.