Will Tpms Warning Light Turn Off?

Has anyone put aftermarket wheels on their IS that is not TPMS compatible? If you install wheels without the pressure sensors, will the warning light stays on forever? I have heard that it will be turned off over a period of time. I would like to hear from the real owners.

If it stays on, how do you turn the TPMS warning light off?

(Obviously, taking off the light bulb in the instrument panel doesn't count... :rolleyes: )

Thanks!

Looks like no one really wants to mess with the TPMS...

People either install TPMS sensors in the new wheels or live with the light, as far as I know.

Problem is, some of the nice wheels (like Volk and Rays) are not TPMS compatible... they use a different tube as a valve stem.... I don't want to drive a Lexus with any kind of warning lit on the dash all the time. So far, most of the wheels that I like are not TPMS compatible.... :cries:

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like no one really wants to mess with the TPMS...

People either install TPMS sensors in the new wheels or live with the light, as far as I know.

Problem is, some of the nice wheels (like Volk and Rays) are not TPMS compatible... they use a different tube as a valve stem.... I don't want to drive a Lexus with any kind of warning lit on the dash all the time. So far, most of the wheels that I like are not TPMS compatible.... :cries:

You may like the ADR Sterling Family. See photo ... 18 inch on my 2007 IS250AWD

post-30255-1160022801_thumb.jpg

I checked the manual today, it looks like there is NO WAY to turn off the warning light if you don't use the sensors at all, and the sensors are designed to work with the OEM wheels only, it might not work properly if it is used on after market wheels with a different shape...

Bad news for people who like aftermarket wheels... why would they design it such a inflexible way!!!!