Drivers Door Wont Open- Diagram Of Handle Anyone?

ejs

My driivers outside door handle will not open the door. Took off the door panel and the rod with the yellow plastic end piece is off, pull the handle on the outside door and nothing is attached. Looks like the plastic yellow connector is chipped and it fell off, problem is I don't know where it is supposed to attach. I would prefer not to have to take the passenger door panel off to see how this is supposed to work and how I am going to fix this. The CD I have is the basic version without anything on the door. I know the rod that works the handled is out of position as when you open the window it hits it because it is hanging down, just have to figure out where it goes.

Anyone have a diagram or can tell me how this works. Otherwise I will take the passenger off and try and figure it out tomorrow.

As an aside, I like the rubber goop they put on the plastic sheeting to keep out rain on the inside of the doot, where do you get that rubber goop? On my old BMW I cut out visqueen and taped it on with duct tape, using that adhesive that is on the Lexus is a much better option.

Took off the other door panel and realized the end to the rod goes way up top. Hard to see if your not looking way up there in the top corner. Doesn't give you much room to work or even to see. Took off the yellow clip so I know what I need. When I searched this subject someone said the part number for the plastic clip that holds the door actuator rod into the outside door handle. Driver's side part #69293-12060 passenger side part #69293-12050. They said they paid $4.77 plus tax from the Toyota dealer ship. Hope that is true.

Almost every problem I have had has had other posts that proved helpful.

My driivers outside door handle will not open the door. Took off the door panel and the rod with the yellow plastic end piece is off, pull the handle on the outside door and nothing is attached. Looks like the plastic yellow connector is chipped and it fell off, problem is I don't know where it is supposed to attach. I would prefer not to have to take the passenger door panel off to see how this is supposed to work and how I am going to fix this. The CD I have is the basic version without anything on the door. I know the rod that works the handled is out of position as when you open the window it hits it because it is hanging down, just have to figure out where it goes.

Anyone have a diagram or can tell me how this works. Otherwise I will take the passenger off and try and figure it out tomorrow.

As an aside, I like the rubber goop they put on the plastic sheeting to keep out rain on the inside of the doot, where do you get that rubber goop? On my old BMW I cut out visqueen and taped it on with duct tape, using that adhesive that is on the Lexus is a much better option.

• 4 months later...

I've got the same problem, the plastic yellow piece broke and I can't open my drivers side door from the outside. I bought a replacement, but I'm unable to reattach it. It's very hard to reattach because of the limited space to work with. Were you successful?