2003 Gs300 Vsc/ Engine Light

I thought I would see if anyone can help with this issue.. I have been reading diferent threads and you've touched on some of the issues I am having but not all. Here's the issue:

Both the Engine light and the VSC lights came on at the same time. Had it tested at an auto parts store and got a reading as follows:

P057

Low heat

Bank2, Sensor2

The guy at the parts store said that on the newer cars they use a pre-heater on the oxygen sensors which may be failing. We could not find any match in his code books for the P057.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks.

There is a code P0057, Oxygen Sensor Heater Control Circuit Low, Bank 2, Sensor 2.

You need an oxygen sensor. B2S2 is the one after the cat with the wire running up through the floor on the passenger's side. The connector is behind the carpet in the footwell.

P.S. Complaining that nobody answered your post quickly enough won't usually motivate the crowd to do so.

I had some other advise from an individual who is a do-it-yourselfer mechanic...

"fill it up with Chevron high octane with the cleanser, add a bottle of injector cleaner... When you run through the tank of gas un-hook the battery for 15 minutes and re-attach. System should reset itself and engine light should be gone." His theory was that there was carbon build up on the sensor and that this would clean it up. Says he's done it on some chevy vehicles and it works.... (I have 59K on the Lexus).

Dumb luck or really works?

Waste of time.

I had some other advise from an individual who is a do-it-yourselfer mechanic...

"fill it up with Chevron high octane with the cleanser, add a bottle of injector cleaner... When you run through the tank of gas un-hook the battery for 15 minutes and re-attach. System should reset itself and engine light should be gone." His theory was that there was carbon build up on the sensor and that this would clean it up. Says he's done it on some chevy vehicles and it works.... (I have 59K on the Lexus).

Dumb luck or really works?

The VSC Off will illuminate whenever the VSC malfunction lamp is lit. Sometimes, the Check Engine will also illuminate the the VSC depending on the particular code. When the computer is reset after the oxygen sensor is repaired, all the lamps should go out.

The VSC Off will illuminate whenever the VSC malfunction lamp is lit. Sometimes, the Check Engine will also illuminate the the VSC depending on the particular code. When the computer is reset after the oxygen sensor is repaired, all the lamps should go out.

Thanks for the info.

There is a code P0057, Oxygen Sensor Heater Control Circuit Low, Bank 2, Sensor 2.

You need an oxygen sensor. B2S2 is the one after the cat with the wire running up through the floor on the passenger's side. The connector is behind the carpet in the footwell.

I've checked into pricing for this unit, and they run from $90+ to $236. The $90+ is a universal o2 sensor... Any thoughts on this or maybe a website where the parts are reasonable?

I do not recommend universals ever. The wiring attached to the sensor is made from stainless steel. Universal connectors must be crimped to the original harness. Often this joint is the source of problems down the road. Go with OEM style which includes the correct plug.

www.oxygensensors.com The Walker or Denso brand are excellent. $89.00 for the walker includes shipping.

I suppose I should cash in with yet one more thought. If you replace a "sensor," it matters not whether you use OEM or aftermarket, just that you use the correct type of part. The aftermarket also has fuel ratio sensors available for cars that require them. Many times these parts are even made by the same company(s) that supply OEMs.

Expanding on my original comment about not using "universals." The purpose for this recommendation was not one of incompatibility between the car and the required type of part. The recommendation was based on the fact that splicing stainless steel conductors, conductors with integral axial venting through the conductor, and/or poor splicing workmanship can be the cause of additional problems.

okay, now i understand what you are saying. if you read my post i said "most" toyota/lexus products.

side note...

i'm willing to bet most manufacturers switch to this design. while they are more expensive, they are a hell of a lot more precise than even a 4-wire o2.

problem is sometimes what's available via the aftermarket, even though made by the same company, is still not exactly the same.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
I thought I would see if anyone can help with this issue.. I have been reading diferent threads and you've touched on some of the issues I am having but not all. Here's the issue:

Both the Engine light and the VSC lights came on at the same time. Had it tested at an auto parts store and got a reading as follows:

P057

Low heat

Bank2, Sensor2

The guy at the parts store said that on the newer cars they use a pre-heater on the oxygen sensors which may be failing. We could not find any match in his code books for the P057.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks.

The error code is actually p0057 and it is for the 02 oxygen heat sensor for bank 2 sensor 2. I'm looking to see where is the sensor located in the car.

If anyone has an idea or the right answer, it would be greatly appreciated.