Is350 Transmission Problems - Only 200 Miles On Car

Just took delivery of my new IS350 two weeks ago this past Wednesday.

Went to fill up this morning (tank still half full) and pulled away onto the

highway, when I put my foot into the throttle to accelerate a bit, the car

did nothing! Engine RPM's rev, but the car does nothing. Car does not even

want to really go beyond 60MPH. The transmission acts like it's dead.

So, I'm the not so proud new owner of a new IS350 with only 225 miles

after driving down to the dealer to leave it for repairs after only two weeks!

This is my first Lexus, this is not a good sign. :angry:

Mitch

Thanks Shoafb,

I doubt they will offer another, although that would be nice. I've never heard of a dealership giving you another one to replace the first, although I guess it's possible.

I'm hoping it's just some software glitch. It is potentially a dangerous problem from the standpoint of trying to pass another vehicle or trying to merge into or around traffic on a feeder street, etc. Can you imagine trying to pass someone on a two lane highway, you put your foot into it and nothing happens.

When I took it in yesterday one of the technicians rode with me and could not believe it, but he experienced it happening with me and then he drove it and he was dumbfounded that it was doing that, so they know it is happening.

They called me back late in the evening to tell me that someone else took it out and it did not act up, that figures, but at least the one technician experienced it so they don't think I'm crazy.

They will not get back to it until Monday, I told them that, "I want this fixed!". They said that they've never heard of this before, I kind of find that hard to believe. Maybe not on the IS, but at least on other models just from what I've read on the net.

It's really a let down, it's my first Lexus, I bought a Lexus because of the wonderful things I hear and only two weeks after having the car, transmission problems start. I have not "hot rodded" it or anything. I'm 43 and drive like I'm an old man. I guess I am already "over the hill" come to think of it.

I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Thanks,

mitch

Thanks Shoafb,

I doubt they will offer another, although that would be nice. I've never heard of a dealership giving you another one to replace the first, although I guess it's possible.

I'm hoping it's just some software glitch. It is potentially a dangerous problem from the standpoint of trying to pass another vehicle or trying to merge into or around traffic on a feeder street, etc. Can you imagine trying to pass someone on a two lane highway, you put your foot into it and nothing happens.

When I took it in yesterday one of the technicians rode with me and could not believe it, but he experienced it happening with me and then he drove it and he was dumbfounded that it was doing that, so they know it is happening.

They called me back late in the evening to tell me that someone else took it out and it did not act up, that figures, but at least the one technician experienced it so they don't think I'm crazy.

They will not get back to it until Monday, I told them that, "I want this fixed!". They said that they've never heard of this before, I kind of find that hard to believe. Maybe not on the IS, but at least on other models just from what I've read on the net.

It's really a let down, it's my first Lexus, I bought a Lexus because of the wonderful things I hear and only two weeks after having the car, transmission problems start. I have not "hot rodded" it or anything. I'm 43 and drive like I'm an old man. I guess I am already "over the hill" come to think of it.

I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Thanks,

mitch

Hey, you have to understand that some strange anomolies happen sometimes. Lexus is an awesome company and i am sure this is something that has probably not happened much ever if at all. They will take care of you, you can be assured of that. Just dont let this ruin your idea of Lexus. They have not been number one luxury car complany in the world for many years straight for putting cars out that do what yours is on a regular basis.

jason

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates on your car?

UPDATE!

Lexus gave me a new car, not a new car, but an 07 new car. Let me qualify this a little more, I had to pay for the AFS lighting system, but that was perfectly fine with me. My 06 had the regular halogen lights.

They really came through for me. I was irritated and aggravated in the beginning, but they are really nice people. They made up for it by letting us drive a loaner for as long as it took. They also called regularly to give updates, something other businesses say that they will do, but never do. Everyone from my salesman to the GM (I think he was the GM) was in on this matter. The hospitality of the Lexus folks is beyond what I have seen anywhere.

The only difference between this and the 06 I believe is the illuminated gas opener and the antenna on the top of the car towards the back.

I wished I could afford another one, someday.

It's too bad all businesses do not take the same customer service philosphy. It's no surprise as to why Lexus is so successful.

Thanks

Good deal.

Did they ever figure out what was wrong with the first car?

bartkat,

While this was going on, I don't think they did, I'm sure that they want to know what it is, but during the waiting period I don't believe they discovered it. I'm sure that Toyota will do something to figure it out.

But, they took care of me and that's what matters.