It's Time To Buy A Ls430!

wandawoods

Looks fantastic!! I agree why take a chance on a car that has had damage...this one looks pristine.

Cars seem to last forever in Texas...when I lived in Austin the road was well populated with vintage Mercedes and Volvo cars...I see the car was probably traded for a Mercedes Benz.....bet that guy is going to be sorry.

:cheers:

if you have the time I would drive from Tx back home....all the better to get to know your new baby....

Wowo, congrats!! B) That's a really nice looking car! I don't know if I could buy a car site unseen. I guess that's where carfax helps out! Are you having it shipped, or are you picking it up?

before this LS430, done that (buying on eBay withouth seeing) 3 times already! (coincidentally, all 4 were from Texas). 1st 3 lex all turned out to be pretty nice. will certainly keep my fingers crossed for this one.

anyway, this low-miles 02 appears to be well maintained and 30k service was completed. sure, I may need to use part of $4K-below-KBB saving to do minor things to make it perfect, but I am not really worry much about it.

there is no way in Atlanta market that I can find one $4K below KBB private party. it seems that all used LS4 listed here are right around KBB or slightly above. PLUS, $700 transportation is still much cheaper than 7% GA sales tax!

What i want to know is, why are all Lexus at or above kbb in Atlanta? I don't know why there are never deals around here. KBB is already inflated beyond true market value. I don't want to spoil anything but, won't you have to pay GA sales taxes on your car? Is it from a private party or dealer? If its private then i guess no taxes? Take pics one it arrives!

What i want to know is, why are all Lexus at or above kbb in Atlanta? I don't know why there are never deals around here. KBB is already inflated beyond true market value. I don't want to spoil anything but, won't you have to pay GA sales taxes on your car? Is it from a private party or dealer? If its private then i guess no taxes? Take pics one it arrives!

I know what you meant! I called/visited at least a dozen dealer/private parties around town on past saturday, and found myself very dispointed about these local offerings. that's why I went ahead with the eBay deal since I done that 3 times already in past 4 years.

not sure about whether KBB prices are fare or not, but that's sorta industry "standard" which everyone goes by nowadays. NADA is even more inflated. good for selling, but not for buying, though!

i've bought 3 lex from dealers in TX before, no one asked me to pay any GA sales tax, not dealer, nor GA revenue dept when I applied the tag.

Looks fantastic!! I agree why take a chance on a car that has had damage...this one looks pristine.

Cars seem to last forever in Texas...when I lived in Austin the road was well populated with vintage Mercedes and Volvo cars...I see the car was probably traded for a Mercedes Benz.....bet that guy is going to be sorry.

:cheers:

if you have the time I would drive from Tx back home....all the better to get to know your new baby....

talking about MB, I owned 2 S-class (88 420SEL/93 400SEL) before, all ended up with mount Everest size dispointments, so I switched to lexus 4 years ago and never looked back those MB junks!

I wish I could drive her back here from TX, but my 80~100hr/week work load just can't allow me to do that. anyway, money is wired, transportation ($695) is paid, it should arrive this weekend or monday the latest! :)

Dear Wanda,

You would be better off buying a car with higher mileage around 75-80,000 These cars will go for 250,000 miles easily so you are paying a PREMIUM for such low miles. Does your 1997 at 121,000 miles feel like its falling apart?? Also try not to buy from snowy cold states as they tend to salt the roads that can lead to rust

Dear Wanda,

You would be better off buying a car with higher mileage around 75-80,000 These cars will go for 250,000 miles easily so you are paying a PREMIUM for such low miles. Does your 1997 at 121,000 miles feel like its falling apart?? Also try not to buy from snowy cold states as they tend to salt the roads that can lead to rust

sure, it can be cheaper to buy an "over-driven" high-mile 02 with 75k~80K miles. however, at that kind mileage, you need to factor in the pending costs of 90k services, replacing suspension, brake, timing belt...the whole 9 yards! so after 1-year, total money out of your pocket will be much higher than buying a 02 LS430 at 31K miles only!

also, $4K below KBB private party is hardly paying a PREMIUM for a 02 LS430 with low mileage.

BTW, call me CW is fine! "Wanda" doesn't sound right for a 47-year old male! :lol:

Dear Wanda,

I don't agree. Yes the car will last for a very long time, but there are certain condition tradeoffs you make with a 25k miles car vs an 80k miles car, and you have more time to ensure that proper maintenance would be preformed with only 25k previously owned miles.

I would never buy a used car over 25-30k, even a Lexus.

exactly 7-days after I hit the buy-it-now button on eBay, I took delivery of 2002 LS-430 this Sunday morning, and I'm more than pleased! :)

surprisingly, it came with full-tank of gas, the 4 brand new Michelin Energy MXV4 tires (saves me $500!), 17" 7-spoke Chrome wheels are shining and perferct, and set of 5 keys (saving of a few hundreds) are included. it's a 2002.5 (manuf. date is June-2002), interior is absolutly perfect with no sign of a 4-year old car whatsoever, and all buttons/switches/gadgets are in working order.

all fluids are at proper level and appears fresh (just been thru 30k service), and most importantly, the driving quality is excellent: solid handling, solid brakes, very fast yet smooth acceleration, and no noise from susp.

I like the "parchment crystal pearl" (white with a touch of grey) very much, it's not so "snow" white or hospital white, she is looking absolutely elegant despite very few chips which are expected for a 4-year old car, and they can be corrected by touch-up paints easily!

will do "longer" test drive in next few days, take some pictures, and report back again.

anyway, looks like my eBay luck (4x lex) continues! :D

PS. just took her out for a 60-miles interstate ride at average speed of 85mph. I barely noticed the speed at all, and it's a very enjoyable ride and everything is kicking nicely. i was so excited that didn't realize I forgot to bring my wallet. fortunately, no cop around... :whistles: