It's Time To Buy A Ls430!

wandawoods

time to upgrade my 97 LS4!

thinking about buy-it-now this 26600-mile 03 LS430 on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=290028176428

it has about 1-year Lexus factory warranty left, so I am not worry too much about mechanic side of the car. however, anything else I should be aware of the choice of model year vs said 02 or 04?

To me, That is a great buy..considering mileage and warranty..some people prefer the 04 but I am pleased with my 02. I dont take "serious" looks at models, as some do, except I can tell an 04 plus by the rear clear lens and dual exhaust extentions. For the price..I likeeeee. This is my personal opinion and I reserve the right to have it...LOL ;)

To me, That is a great buy..considering mileage and warranty..some people prefer the 04 but I am pleased with my 02. I dont take "serious" looks at models, as some do, except I can tell an 04 plus by the rear clear lens and dual exhaust extentions. For the price..I likeeeee. This is my personal opinion and I reserve the right to have it...LOL ;)

Ralph:

This is my personal opinion and I reserve the right to have it...LOL ;)

Or, my motto is;

I have an opinion and you're entitled to it...........

I prefer the 04+ too, but that one does look like its in great shape and the price is teriffic...

That color is caled Midnight Pine, and they stopped making it after 03 too. Thats one of my favorite Lexus colors.

That looks like a very nice car! I love that color as well. That's a rare color that is very attractive compared to some of the past rare Lexus colors are rare for good reasons! LOL Jeez, 12 bids, I bet there is going to be a bidding war 5 minutes before the closing!

It sounds like a fantastic deal especially for the mileage. I would take a plate of cookies over to your local Lexus dealer and see if they will run the VIN for you so you can see if it has had all the maintenance (although until you hit 30k there is not much to be done aside from oil changes).

The CL package is nice....no pesky air springs to worry about later. The only feature that you may miss would be the bluetooth phone..but that can be added aftermarket for not much money at all.

Some people are really hung up on the 01-04/04+ exterior difference but that's personal taste. And I like the 7 spoke alloys better than the 5 or 6 spokes on the 04+.

Sounds like you may have found your car!! Assuming the carfax et al checks out I vote click and run!!

time to upgrade my 97 LS4!

thinking about buy-it-now this 26600-mile 03 LS430 on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=290028176428

it has about 1-year Lexus factory warranty left, so I am not worry too much about mechanic side of the car. however, anything else I should be aware of the choice of model year vs said 02 or 04?

Since the car is in Cleveland I'd be somewhat concerned about it having been in salt during the winters. I bought my IS300 up there and ended up spending lots of time on the underpinnings, mostl cosmetic, but the rust was there and the car was just a year old.

Here's one example of what it looked like when I got it.

http://f3.yahoofs.com/users/41cc0d9fza4bdc...ho42CFBhNFobRUp

That's a beautiful car, and it looks to be in perfect condition. Yea, yea, I prefer the '04-06 too, but good luck finding one of them for anywhere close to that price!

Now I feel like an idiot, having paid $10,000 MORE than that in January for an identical '03 (except for chrome wheels) with 10K MORE miles on it! Well, it was certified, but is that worth an additional $10K? NO!!! :cries: Oh well, at least I have an excellent car!

As long as the CarFax report checks out and you verify service records, you're getting a killer deal, so go for it! Good luck!

Now I feel like an idiot, having paid $10,000 MORE than that in January........

don't be!

:angry: this one has frame damage according to Autocheck by experian. what a pity! the low price is proven to be too good to be true!

well, thanks for all the responses anyway!

will keep on shopping and report back.....

2nd thought, the car is priced about $6000~$8000 below market value (KBB priviate party), do you guy think it's still worth buying depsite the reported frame (unibody) damage incident?

mileage/flood/salvage/title all checked out OK. yupe, midnight pine pearl is such as nice color, hard to pass on....

Such a great price..but I believe a step up includes confidence in the vehicle and it may always nag you when something goes wrong..I, my opinion..lol, would pass and keep looking. Life seems to have a way of presenting conclusions and persistance presents rewards. ;)

do you guy think it's still worth buying depsite the reported frame (unibody) damage incident?
I probably would buy it if it drives perfectly, like a 430 should. Now a days, a competent body shop can do some incredible things. Ideally, it would be nice if it was 100% perfect, but considering the price+color+condition, I wouldn't be too put off by the previous damage provided that it looks and drives normally.

I agree with RF. Wait and find the right car, no use spending $30,000 on something and having to second guess your safety.

And I like the 7 spoke alloys better than the 5 or 6 spokes on the 04+

I prefer the 5 spoke 18s, but I like the 7 spoke 17s in chrome. I don't know why Lexus has been going to 6 spoke wheels lately, I think six spoke wheels wind up looking awkward like wagon wheels.

I've got a 2nd chance offer at $29500 (about $4000 below BBK private party in "good" condition) for this 02 LS430 in Parchment Crystal (basically white), 31K miles only, Nav, 7-spoke chrome, Michelin tires:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=300029040415

carfax checked it out absolutely clean! 4-year/50k warranty is just expired, but 6-year/70k drive train & rust warranty still in place, and it's Texas based, so no worry for salt errosion.

I think this is the one!

I've got a 2nd chance offer at $29500 (about $4000 below BBK private party in "good" condition) for this 02 LS430 in Parchment Crystal (basically white), 31K miles only, Nav, 7-spoke chrome:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=300029040415

carfax checked it out absolutely clean! 4-year/50k warranty is just expired, but 6-year/70k drive train & rust warranty still in place, and it's Texas based, so no worry for salt errosion.

I think this is the one!

Me too!!!! Nice and Good Luck...

Wow, go for it.

just called the seller, and surprisingly, he picked up the phone right away on a sunday afternoon! did confirm that 30k server has just been done, and the "junk" fee (inventory tax and so forth) is under $100, unlike some used car lots charge $400~500 so called "documentation or adminitration" fee!

so, I just did it! will certainly report back how it goes when I get the car in! well, this is the 4th lex (94 LS400, 97LS400, 96SC400, now 02LS430) I bought from eBay plus a 98 ES3 bought locally, and next spring it's going to be a RED SC430 for my wife, so LEX FOREVER! :)

it's hard to part with my nice, well maintained 97 LS4 w/120k , but I am giving it away to my parents who live just few doors away, so I will still get to "visit" her quite often.

Wowo, congrats!! B) That's a really nice looking car! I don't know if I could buy a car site unseen. I guess that's where carfax helps out! Are you having it shipped, or are you picking it up?

before this LS430, done that (buying on eBay withouth seeing) 3 times already! (coincidentally, all 4 were from Texas). 1st 3 lex all turned out to be pretty nice. will certainly keep my fingers crossed for this one.

anyway, this low-miles 02 appears to be well maintained and 30k service was completed. sure, I may need to use part of $4K-below-KBB saving to do minor things to make it perfect, but I am not really worry much about it.

there is no way in Atlanta market that I can find one $4K below KBB private party. it seems that all used LS4 listed here are right around KBB or slightly above. PLUS, $700 transportation is still much cheaper than 7% GA sales tax!