I Am Upset

My car is not even a *BLEEP*ing week old. You all know the front seat backs. The part on the back of the seats that have the little pouch and is made of some sort of plastic or something. Well, both of them are scratched. I am in the military and we wear flight suits. The flight suits have zippers on them, and there are zippers on our thigh area and knee when sitting down. It looks like one of my buddies that was in the back seat sometime this week or buddies, their flight suit zipper *BLEEP*ing scuffed and tore into that panel. I am so mad. There has been quite a few people this week from work in my back seat, as they all wanted to check my car out and i have been driving a lot to lunch this week. I just figure, hey i am in the back of someones *BLEEP*ing car that cost about 40k and the *BLEEP*box i drive is about 7k if that, maybe i will be a little careful when moving around and plopping around in this back seat. Well i guess my buddies dont think that way, and maybe they even saw that they did the damage, but hey, why tell me. *BLEEP*ing *BLEEP*. Damn things cost 188 bucks a piece to replace, not including labor. and both seats are damaged. whack!!!!

Here are some pics. Do you guys know of any good leather or plastic dye i can use to make the scuffs not so apparent. That is the majority of the obvious is the scuffs.

post-28056-1158268928_thumb.jpg

post-28056-1158268933_thumb.jpg

post-28056-1158268937_thumb.jpg

that sucks!

from the look of things, only one side is actually dented in from the zipper. the other side might still be fixable. Go to Kragen auto center or some sort of car supplies store and buy the most expensive leather conditioner they have, lol. then apply it and see what happens. Dye will not work, condition it first.

Don't be too tough on your buddies. Unless they're midgets, there's no way they could ride in the back seat of an IS without their knees being against those panels.

There are several plastic surface repair products you could try. Perhaps a simple magic marker woud at least darken those scuffs.

PS: Please stop with all the foul language. There's a reason for all those being bleeped.

That sucks I know, but you're going to have to get used to it. If you let other people ride in your car, these things are going to happen. Especially of they wear clothing like that. The only alternative is to yell at your friends or refuse to let them ride in the car, and then you won't have many friends left. I am really anal about my car, but even I don't get real worked up over stuff like this. Its inevitable.

Clean the area with a mixture of water and woolite dilluted 6:1 (Water:Woolite). After that dress the area with a good low gloss dressing (I use Optimum Protectant Plus, you can get it at www.pakshak.com) and see what it looks like.

Go to Kragen auto center or some sort of car supplies store and buy the most expensive leather conditioner they have, lol. then apply it and see what happens. Dye will not work, condition it first.

Well, first off just because something is expensive doesn't mean its the best, and second off leather conditioner won't help since the material isn't leather. In a situation like this, my guess is dye is the only thing that WILL work.

You can even gently try a MrClean Magic Eraser, but try the Woolite first.

PS: Please stop with all the foul language. There's a reason for all those being bleeped.

Yeah please, I can understand your perspective but thats uncalled for.

i know the most expensive thing isnt the best, thats why i put the "lol" to make it a joke. the meaning is there, which is to find the best one

from the pictures, it looks like leather to me...

The seating SURFACES are leather, the backs and the sides of the seats are vinyl. This is the case in all Lexus models, and most cars in general.

My car is not even a *BLEEP*ing week old. You all know the front seat backs. The part on the back of the seats that have the little pouch and is made of some sort of plastic or something. Well, both of them are scratched. I am in the military and we wear flight suits. The flight suits have zippers on them, and there are zippers on our thigh area and knee when sitting down. It looks like one of my buddies that was in the back seat sometime this week or buddies, their flight suit zipper *BLEEP*ing scuffed and tore into that panel. I am so mad. There has been quite a few people this week from work in my back seat, as they all wanted to check my car out and i have been driving a lot to lunch this week. I just figure, hey i am in the back of someones *BLEEP*ing car that cost about 40k and the *BLEEP*box i drive is about 7k if that, maybe i will be a little careful when moving around and plopping around in this back seat. Well i guess my buddies dont think that way, and maybe they even saw that they did the damage, but hey, why tell me. *BLEEP*ing *BLEEP*. Damn things cost 188 bucks a piece to replace, not including labor. and both seats are damaged. whack!!!!

Here are some pics. Do you guys know of any good leather or plastic dye i can use to make the scuffs not so apparent. That is the majority of the obvious is the scuffs.

Pay it with your military clothing allowance lol

ouch. That sucks. I remember with my RX300 back then, my grandma loves wearing her wedding ring but her ring punctured the leather siding of the rear left door! :angry: Things happen, but we just have to live with it. Like when i got scammed with my aftermarket alarm on my 4Runner, they drilled two holes, one in a little extra button space (just replaced that) and on the lower panel on the left on the floor, and after they removed their crappy aftermarket alarm to install the original Toyota alarm, they didnt even replace those two pieces! :angry: People think that I "might not notice" but I don't think that will work. Some people really don't care about cars as they think it's just a piece of metal, like a shovel or something. But we just have to deal with it. That's why it's nice to have a new nice car, and an older. semi-"rough" car that can take those annoying dirts or scratches during times we need it. ;)

I actually regretted using the GX last week to go out with my friend. I couldn't say it (because it will sound rude ) but he kept slamming my passenger door! So next time he's only riding the odyssey. lol. :P

i know the most expensive thing isnt the best, thats why i put the "lol" to make it a joke. the meaning is there, which is to find the best one

from the pictures, it looks like leather to me...

The seating SURFACES are leather, the backs and the sides of the seats are vinyl. This is the case in all Lexus models, and most cars in general.

Off topic, but apropos of your statement: How about the leather-looking inserts in the door on the armrest? Vinyl, leather, or coated leather? I've been having a somewhat difficult time getting them to clean right and look good.

I just wanted to say, this is a real tear-jerker.

Although it's not allowed, I do understand the swearing.

This is the sort of thing that would make an ordinary guy snap!

Why don't friends respect other people's stuff?

I also have friends who slam doors, kick the back of seats and door panels, and just make a mess out of my cars. They even get mad when I don't let them smoke.... :censored: ... I need new friends LOL

It's gotten to the point that I don't let them ride in my cars anymore.

Sorry for the back of your seats.... that's a real bummer! :cries: