Tinting Problems I Think

just got my windows tinted yesterday. This is what i have noticed.

On the rear window. Around the edge, some portions are black ALL the way to the edge of the widow, some stop at the little dots for the rear defrosters...the pics explain what i mean. Is that normal?

Secondly. The edges of the side windows are not consistant. Some of the windows are perfect. Some the tint stops before the edge of the window. On the inside it is perfect but it is visible from the outside because of the way the door panels are designed it looks like it would be hard to get the tint under the doorpanel all the way. Check the pic to see what i mean. the pic with the camera is the back window, that little piece of glass at the aft of the door. the vertical picture is of the aft portion of the driver side front window. On the inside it is perfect. But on the outside you can clearly see the tint stop before the edge of the glass.

The thing is that i went to alte mere. supposed to be one of the best places to go. I am not sure if this is normal, or if i am just being too picky.

post-28056-1158262113_thumb.jpg

post-28056-1158262117_thumb.jpg

post-28056-1158262124_thumb.jpg

post-28056-1158262132_thumb.jpg

post-28056-1158262137_thumb.jpg

post-28056-1158262143_thumb.jpg

This is not normal, actually that's pretty bad! Some guys had their door panles removed but I did not have mine removed by the company that did mine and they did an excellent job! Take it back and have them redo it or get a refund.

yeah i agree, they totally messed that up whoever did it. It looks like one of those home kits for tinting. they should be professionals at this stuff. also, i dont think they should cover the dots for the defroster because the electric current needs to go through them

Give it a week or so, a lot of times those things will work their way out.

also, i dont think they should cover the dots for the defroster because the electric current needs to go through them

1. The dots have nothing to do with the defroster, they are just to improve the windows apearance.

2. Why would covering the defroster lines impede electricity from running through them?

3. How would you tint a rear window without tinting over the defroster lines?

Some of it may be dirt and other just normal bubbles.

I am guessing this is your first car being tinted personally .

It is normal to have some air pockets which will shrink once the window is heated in the sun a few times. Takes about 3 weeks to disappear.