Adding To Sound System Of The Is250

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys,

I am not very smart when it comes to sound systems. I love the stock pioneer system in the car. It has great mid and highs. the bass in it is pretty nice for stock. I would just like to add a little more so that i can pump up the volume without the fear of blowing any speakers from the bass. What do you guys recommend. and does best buy install do a good job at installations.

thanks gys

• 2 weeks later...

I was Wondering the same thing...

Im about to get my IS250 and I know it has a very CLEAR sound but Im pretty sure it wont ever have the amount of bass Im looking for... Im 17 if that explains that last comment.

However I was also wondering who to go to get the best price/install. I was thinking MobileOne, Tweeters, CircuitCity, or BestBuy cant decide which...

CircuitCity, or BestBuy

No to both.

Since both of you are hungry for bass, in my opinion a separate subwoofer in a box would be the best choice. However, you will have to compensate some trunk space.

A very informative guide about car audio/video:

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/S-oMzbVT...ningcenter/car/

Wow, that is a nice site for a great basic concept of audio systems overall! Thanks a lot for that, I was pretty sure I was going to get a sub installed with a mono-amp but im still wondering which company I should go w/ to get the best price/install quality? If anyone knows it would be great to hear it!

Wow, that is a nice site for a great basic concept of audio systems overall! Thanks a lot for that, I was pretty sure I was going to get a sub installed with a mono-amp but im still wondering which company I should go w/ to get the best price/install quality? If anyone knows it would be great to hear it!

Hey. how is the stock is250 stero?

ya i understand about the age thing im 20. im looking for something loud. they dont offer the mark levinson here in new york for the is, so im stuck with the stock.

my car is comming in soon, i was just wondering how bad is the stock radio?

I'll Let you know tomorrow, My IS250 w/ Stock Audio comes in at 4:00 PM right after school and my parents are coming in from the lakehouse early so they can sign papers with me, im about to die from anxiety being within 24 hours of getting a nice car!! Im going from a 1994 ES 300 ahahah... Imagine the stock Audio system that is STILL in there that I deal with everyday...

yeah. bartkat is right. the sound system is very nice. it has very good bass. IT gets pretty loud but i just want to add a seperate sub to handle the base. i dont like pushing my speakers all the way up to get the bass i like. i would prefer the stock speakers for mids and highs and a seperate sub for lows.

Alright, I just got my IS250 yesterday and the sound system is great! Its the Stock system not ML and it sounds very clear especially w/ the Aux Ipod hooked up! The bass is great, I mean its not like car shaking but it sounds very clear and it definately has some decent thump for a stock system! If you really wanted some bass just add a sub. However its definately ok for me and im 17 years old!!

• 7 months later...

looking to put my 10" alpine(bandpass box) w/ amp in my is250 also. not quite sure how to wire this up with the stock system (have NAV, no ML audio). if anyone knows how or knows of a write-up on this please let me know. thanks!