Replacing Lexus/model Emblems

MSlave

Has anyone done this? My emblems, once gold, are getting tarnished and I'd like to replace them with some new shiny ones.

I don't know exactly how to go about doing it though, how are they attached to the body of the car? It looks like they're screwed on, or something, as there are rods behind the emblem - yet everywhere I look, it says they're just stuck on with tape?

Any ideas / comments?

'93 LS BTW, if that makes a difference?

i replace all of my worn out gold ones last year, the one in the grille is held on by one screw and one tab on each side, the "lexus" on the trunk has 4 or 5 pins i believe, the "L" has pins also, and the "ls400" is held on with just tape. for the front L, rear L, "lexus" and "ls400" costed me 150 from dealer, but i think you can get them off of ebay for much cheaper (just read the description carefully)

i replace all of my worn out gold ones last year, the one in the grille is held on by one screw and one tab on each side, the "lexus" on the trunk has 4 or 5 pins i believe, the "L" has pins also, and the "ls400" is held on with just tape. for the front L, rear L, "lexus" and "ls400" costed me 150 from dealer, but i think you can get them off of ebay for much cheaper (just read the description carefully)

All the ones on Ebay talk about sticking them back ont the car, is it a combination of prongs & sticky tape?

yes, the "L" and "lexus" on the back have prongs

So for those two, it is a combination of prongs and sticky tape?

Do the prongs just stick in, and stay in from friction?

Thanks for your assistance by the way, I'm reluctant to take mine off until I'm sure I can put a new set back on :)

I just bought a set of center caps with the chrome emblems to replace my gold one.. I'm in the process of buying a set of chome emblems but have a quick question.. I read somewhere that the prongs vary with the year of the car, Is that true?

If you want a new set of gold ones i should be able to get you a new complete set of emblems with a new grille and wheel caps.

SK - I actually painted the entire grille and also the emblems on the back (I only have the "Lexus" and the "L") with gold spray paint and it looks terrific, but I would like to get the originals back on, pre-tarnished condition, to also include the "LS400" and the "V8".

How much for the gold grille emblem? Could you also obtain a grille? The "L", the, "V8", the "Lexus" and the "LS400" on the trunk? Could you also obtain a grille? I don't need centercaps as my LS has 18" Rox Chrome Wheels.

I just bought a set of center caps with the chrome emblems to replace my gold one.. I'm in the process of buying a set of chome emblems but have a quick question.. I read somewhere that the prongs vary with the year of the car, Is that true?

Could you take a few pictures and post them, when you replace the emblems?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi all,

Sorry if this is a duplicate post, I'm new to forum. I'm looking for an entire set of chrome emblems, hubcab inserts etc for my 2002 LS 430 I just bought. The car is gold paint, w/ all gold emblems now. Any idea where I can buy an entire set (including the strip on back trunk lid just above the license plate.

Also, when this car was brand new, were the chrome emblems all standard? I want to make sure I only replace the gold ones that were optional with chrome.

Thanks,

NausetDog

ellismr@charter.net

It's been a couple of years, but I did have the gold trim on the hood, as well as the "L" emblems replated by some guy in OK, I believe. Not sure if he's still around, but it only cost me 70 bucks or so. It's posted here somewhere. I also got a gold "LS400" emblem from a forum member who was parting out his car. 20 bucks. That's neat because 90-94 LS's didn't have the LS400 emblem-just L's. Car still looks great with 113,000 miles.

It's been a couple of years, but I did have the gold trim on the hood, as well as the "L" emblems replated by some guy in OK, I believe. Not sure if he's still around, but it only cost me 70 bucks or so. It's posted here somewhere. I also got a gold "LS400" emblem from a forum member who was parting out his car. 20 bucks. That's neat because 90-94 LS's didn't have the LS400 emblem-just L's. Car still looks great with 113,000 miles.

I'm still able to make money on the side to gold plate cars and other items. As long as it's metal, I can gold plate it in 24K(not paint). Did my LS years ago and the emblems are still great after being exposed to 4 seasons for 3 years.

John

If you want a new set of gold ones i should be able to get you a new complete set of emblems with a new grille and wheel caps.

SK, I'd be interested in a grill emblem for a 93

I'm still able to make money on the side to gold plate cars and other items. As long as it's metal, I can gold plate it in 24K(not paint). Did my LS years ago and the emblems are still great after being exposed to 4 seasons for 3 years.

John

John, How much you charge to re-do my grill emblem for the 95?

• 1 month later...

John

Goldplater, you still in the business......