Found Out My Elec. Problems

mr_goodwrench_06

Which fuse panel do you think is at fault, the one just above the driver's left knee or the one just behind the battery ?. There aren't that many connections in the one behind the battery (although they are all rather high current). You might be able to "recondition" the connections in question with one of the Cramolin products ["grease", (with silicon particles)] from Caig Laboratories. They are excellent at cleaning and preventing corrosion in electrical connections.

• 2 weeks later...

Salt and cold really screw cars up. I grew up near Syracuse NY and the first thing to go (after the body) was the electrical system. Every car I owned there had electrical problems. Cars ladt 3 times longer in warmer climites. Those dudes (and dudettes) out in AZ and Cal have it made. We have high humidity here in Virginia beach but my car is usally in the garage at night.

I also heard junkyards mentioned. You'd have better luck finding 1000 bucks on the street than you will finding any LS 400 in a junkyard. I've been in many and have only ever seen two Lexuses in a boneyard, Both were 1990 ES 250's.

Maybe Matthew could set up a seperate page where we could store all the how to fix stuff info that people share. How about it Matthew?