Found A 2001 Is300 That Im Thinking Of Buying

SJones

I found a 2001 IS300 Auto with about 60K miles on it. Seems to be in pretty good condition. Only problem I noticed is the a/c compressor squeaks when it was turned on. Not sure if it was a belt or if it was the compressor itself. Anything else I should pay special attention to?

Here is a picture.

post-30161-1157757602_thumb.jpg

• 8 months later...
its so weird seeing those rims and tires. im so used to those 17 inch ones. I dont even see the L on those wheels

Selling my IS300 also. It's royal blue auto with 17's and black suede/leather interior. Looks like your model is the base with the 16's. Either way, I can't post pics where I am but email me if you're interested. I want around $18k for it, lemme know.

supercox@hotmail.com

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR SEARCH :cheers:

Just to let you know also in case you didn't, the 2000 and 2001 have differences from the 2002-2005 models. the first gen. has alot more cheesy plastic on the dash, cheaper leather, the A/C is not auto temp., they tend to have more window air seal noise, and the suspension was upgraded in 2002 also. And guys, they didn't offer the 17" wheels on the 2000-2001 either.

Mechanically speaking, the car is as good as Toyota makes. Nothing there to worry about. Although, I would try to fix that squeek or make them fix it in the deal to buy it. ( Could be just pulley bearings or the clutch itself.) Not neccasarily the compressor itself. Also, check the headlights real close, make sure there is no inteirior condensation clouding the headlights at all. They had a seal problem on the first sets and seeing as how the car is out of warrentee, headlights are major bucks on this model, and a real pain in the a$$ to do.

If your good with all this, then go for it. The IS300 is an awsome car. So much fun to drive. It handles great and is a great platform car if your into doing customizing. So much aftermarket support, and quality stuff too, not junk!

How much are they asking for the car?