Gas Mileage

I've got some wierd results here. I seem to be getting 23.1 mpg as of my last fill-up (75% highway; 25% city). I say wierd because I think I used to average around 18-19mpg last time I checked (last year).

It's wierd because a couple weeks back I tried out a "gas-saving technique" of keeping my highway speed down to 60mph - which yielded me 22.5 mpg. Okay, great. But this last time I only drove that way about half the time. The other half I did my normal 70-80mph + the occasional hard passing acceleration and wound up with 23.1mpg. :blink: That's why I'm puzzled. And I'm even overdue for an air filter change.

The way I calc my mpg is to first do a full fill-up (til i can't squeeze one more drop in), reset my odometer, then on my next full fill-up divide my miles driven by gallons I just put in.

What mpg are the rest of you getting (+ your highway/city ratio)?

I've got some wierd results here. I seem to be getting 23.1 mpg as of my last fill-up (75% highway; 25% city). I say wierd because I think I used to average around 18-19mpg last time I checked (last year).

It's wierd because a couple weeks back I tried out a "gas-saving technique" of keeping my highway speed down to 60mph - which yielded me 22.5 mpg. Okay, great. But this last time I only drove that way about half the time. The other half I did my normal 70-80mph + the occasional hard passing acceleration and wound up with 23.1mpg. :blink: That's why I'm puzzled. And I'm even overdue for an air filter change.

The way I calc my mpg is to first do a full fill-up (til i can't squeeze one more drop in), reset my odometer, then on my next full fill-up divide my miles driven by gallons I just put in.

My car sometimes go on the track, and usually is driven with little traffic and on freeway. (Stage III Clutch)

I have a 2JZ-GTE Greddy T78 turbo and 1000cc injectors.

My average highway mpg is 24. (not much traffic) and on the track is 15mpg. (with turbos constantly in use)

I have a 1992 SC400. I got 19.3 mpg on my last tank (75%city; 25% highway).